New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Cleveland, OH
“Nice Location...Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We recently returned from a stay at the Outer Banks Beach Club II from Aug 11 thru Aug 18th, 2013. The property is nicely situated on the beach and the units are large, but dated decor and electronics wise. A refresh with HDTVs would be a nice bonus. Free WIFI is also needed in this day and age.

Pros:
- location, location, location
- bathrooms / showers / jacuzzi seemed to be recent upgrades
- beach chairs / umbrellas available (we had our own, but nice to have)
- friendly, helpful staff
- pool was nice...and not crowded
- BBQ grills and picnic tables

Cons
- dated decor
- no free WIFI in rooms
- beds in master small (queen size?)
- old style TVs
- small (but functional) kitchen

Overall...a nice place to stay at a GREAT value. I will return, but there are some easy, low cost improvements that would make a better overall experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank markymark39
estamey, General Manager at Outer Banks Beach Club, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our resort. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for your recommendations for improvement. We are constantly making improvements and I am sure you will be extremely happy on your next visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Decent accommodations, office staff seemed too busy to be friendly although the laundry folks were very nice. Fairly quiet area, great vicinity to the beach. Chairs available for weekly rental at $5 each and umbrella also available for rent for the week (I think I heard $60 but not sure).

Wifi is a complete rip-off at $17.99 a night and if you want ice you can buy it (our fridge did have a conventional ice maker though). Room was clean and had large living areas. I would probably return but they should really reexamine gouging for room wifi at a vacation resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank smkhusky
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our resort. We are always happy to get suggestions on how we can improve so that your next visit with us will be even better. At present we offer free wifi in the clubhouse for our guests. We use an outside company that offers internet service to our units at a discounted price that is a little less than $30 per week for those that wish to have the access in their unit. All units have refrigerators with ice makers. We have bagged ice available at the clubhouse that is provided by an outside vendor. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our resort and sincerely appreciate your comments. We hope you will visit with us again soon.
West Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you own, you already know, but if you are lucky enough to get a unit here for your stay, you will find out that this is the best place to stay in the area. Units are spacious and clean. Beach is nice and you can rent beach chairs and/or an umbrella for your stay. Location is close to everything. Be sure to partake in club activities as there is something for everyone, especially the children. There are 3 pools, 2 outdoor and one in the clubhouse. Free WIFI and a computer in the clubhouse for use along with movie rentals, books and board games for loan. Shuffleboard and barbeques are also available for use. There is also access to the area YMCA for guests of the resort. I love the Mimosa tree at Beach Club II. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: There are a few buildings across the beach house next to the clubhouse, I believe they are higher nu...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chuckeez
We sincerely appreciate your nice comments. Thank you for pointing out the things you enjoyed most about our resort. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and please let us know if we can do better. We hope to see you again soon.
Knightdale, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed in several timeshare properties and this by far is the worst. I gave two stars because one of my complaints is not their fault. I booked through expedia and was told the two bedrooms had queen beds in each bedroom (not true). When I went to the office to inquire about my misinformation I was surprised at how this place is run. I walk into the office and four people at desks were staring at me, then one asked if I needed help. I was waiting for one to come up and deal with me personally, but they just stayed at their desks. It was a bit uncomfortable, but not that big of a deal. The phones did not work in my room. When I asked about that, I was just stared at for a few moments, then when I asked a second time I was told "I'll call maintenance and let them know". I doubt that because everyone in the office is rude. If you are looking for a place to stay cheap, don't stay here! Stay at a hotel chain. Oh and the "Oceanfront" part of their name is a joke only about 1/3 is actually ocean front, one is facing the ocean front properties, and some are across the street.

Room Tip: If you want oceanfront call ahead and make sure you are in a building on the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ajnourie
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am sorry that the unit and the service that you received was not what you expected. We will use your comments to help improve our resort so that we can better serve all our guests. Hopefully you will stay with us again and contact me personally so that I can do everything possible to make your stay with us a pleasant experience.
Naugatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I came here for our babymoon. We loved that it was right on beach! The room was huge! We bought groceries and cooked for the majority of time we were there. The staff was super nice and accommodating. My only complaint is that there is only WiFi in the clubhouse, not in the rooms. Normally I would not have been on the internet during a vacation, but I'm enrolled in online classes. Will def be back!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ann D
Thank you for your nice review of our resort. We are constantly upgrading so please come back and visit us again soon.
Cedarville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I booked a week through RCI Timeshare Exchange as our home condo is in Port Royal Plantation, Hilton Head, SC. I mention this only to provide a basis for my review. This resort while providing great location to the beach and being very clean it does not come up to the standards of a Gold Crown Resort through RCI, in my opinion. We booked a 1 bedroom only because there weren't any two bedrooms available and did find the 1 bedroom very limited in space. The rooms are not luxurious, no granite countertops, very basic appliances & no laundry in the rooms. It would be very difficult for anymore than two people to stay in these units, depending on your expectations. I will say they are very accomodating and don't seem to have a highly organized sales staff, therefore no annoying phone calls to the rooms inviting you to a "Social Hour (Sales Hour)", No organized wine tastings or family oriented activities. There is horse shoe pitching, tennis court, nice outdoor pools, indoor pool. But if you are here for beach access it is easy and plentiful. Good location for sight seeing the Outerbanks from Corolla to Hatteras and beyond by ferry. Restaurants & shopping are plentiful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank thistlehill
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us in June. I am sorry that a two bedroom unit was not available when you visited. June is a very busy month for us and most of our owners don't go anywhere else so availability is somewhat limited at that time. We are glad that you enjoyed the week with us. Perhaps you could come back and book a two bedroom or three bedroom unit with us next time. I am sure you will be extremely happy. Give us a call and let us help you plan your next visit. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The condo was nicely decorated with lighthouse and beach décor including paintings of local spots. The pros were the location of the Beach Club (right on the beach), cleanliness, overall condition of the carpeting, drapes, couch etc… the size of the unit and the bathrooms. The master bath sported a nice large Jacuzzi tub for a relaxing bath and in a separate area double sinks. There was a second bathroom complete with shower. The office has a large collection of DVDs for rent. Property has two pools (one indoor) so no matter the weather kids can swim. The cons were the size of the beds, kitchen area and balcony areas had parking lot views and no privacy. The master bedroom was plenty spacious. It could have used a king bed. Unfortunately it only had a full size bed which was in decent but not great condition. The second bedroom was outfitted with two twin beds, although again there would have been room for two full size beds. The kitchen was very small, difficult to have more than one person in at a time when cooking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank christineo_sd
Thank you for your nice comments. We are always interested in our guests comments and use them to make our resort even better. We are constantly upgrading our units and we will consider your suggestions. We currently have queen beds in all master bedrooms. In the two bedroom units we have a queen bed in the master and two twin beds in the guest bedroom. In the three bedroom units we have a queen bed in the master and second bedroom and two twins in the third bedroom. We have an aggressive renovation plan in place and I am sure your next visit will be even better. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.5 of 5 stars 703 reviews
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#4 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 977 reviews
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#5 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 1,023 reviews
Outer Banks Inn
Outer Banks Inn
#9 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 256 reviews
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
3.5 of 5 stars 2,143 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites
#3 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 706 reviews

Been to Outer Banks Beach Club? Share your experiences!