“not rude, efficient!”
Review of China King

China King
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I read a lot of other reviews, saying the customer service is horrible, but considering the proximity of this take-away from our house, I went there anyway. Everyone was friendly, the food was hot and delicious, plus very reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

What a failure this place serves mediocre Chinease on its best day.. call to make an order for pick up, call again to make sure they both are combination dinners..as they try to get u off the phone ASAP, not understanding half of what u say..charges us for two egg rolls made one of the two dinners end up combination. The problem she don't understand simple basic English. Then proceeds to ask me what to do bc they make the food already, explain that this isn't what we ordered she cocks a Shi#@y attitude, like I give a ..., customer service is non existant, there's nothing fresh about this place its basic American Chinease don't waste your time here, if you want good Asian go to sanya Asian bistro, kitty hawk best Asian on the obx! And they do fresh sushi _ from a local..

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the typical strip-mall Chinese place. There seems to be a high employee turn over and the food is just not consistent. It's convenient so I eat there regularly, but it's not always good. I've had them forget the egg roll, burn the chicken, etc. It's average at best.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is by far the best Asian food place in Outer Banks - the meals were hot, fresh tasting, and delicious. Nice staff, friendly atmosphere, and don't miss the General Tso's Chicken!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have to take issue with the other reviewers on this one. China King is good, but I've had better, namely at China Wong in Kitty Hawk (see my review).

I don't claim to be an aficionado of Chinese fast food, but I thought China King was only passable. I agree that the service is good and fast. But aside from that the food was average. We ordered egg rolls, General Tso, Beef and Broccoli, Kung Pau Chicken, and Low Mein. The serving amounts were adequate but not generous. All the dishes were heavy on carrots and celery. The sauces were generic. The Hot and Sour was dull with way too many mushrooms. The fried noodles were good and plentiful.

All in all, the ingredients seemed fresh, but the dishes bland and comparatively expensive. Frankly, I would look elsewhere for fast food Chinese.