“Great smeling and tasting begals”
Review of New York Bagels

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New York Bagels
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I got a bag of assorted bagels and they were all fantastic. Once I got them in the car all I could smell was the aroma of the bagels and had to try real hard not to eat them before I got back to the office!

There are newer reviews for New York Bagels

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stopped in in the off season and was surprised at how few bagels were left. The owner mentioned the bagels were baked fresh every day and sold out fast in the morning. However, I got an Egg Everything breakfast bagel sandwich and was extremely pleased. Extremely clean with an NC cleanliness rating of 99! Price was right and the owner who was serving was very friendly!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I would like to respond to a previous review claiming to have witnessed
unsanitary behavior.
So let me get this right:
You claim to have stood by for 20 minutes while all this egregious activity
took place...and yet did nothing.
You claim to have mentioned it to an employee and yet you did not leave the premises.
You were witness to all this calamity of food preparation and yet you never
asked to speak to a manager.
You were witness to all this and yet did not ask for a refund.
You were witness to all this yet you still took your food and left.
OMG! What a rude person you appear to be.
You felt so violated that it forced you to come onto a public forum and
spew your hate and yet you never felt compelled to ask for a manager
or just leave without paying.
You felt compelled to vent your opinion paying particular attention to mentioning
'female' several times as if that has anything to do with the story.
You saw all this yet failed to tell the store manager in front of other patrons
if you really wanted to 'damage' this store for its deplorable habits.
You were SO in 'shock' that you still paid for your unsanitary prepared food and left?
Really?
Well sorry, and this is just my opinion, but you come off looking worse for having
done nothing.
"IF" and I mean that in big, capitals "IF" all you say is true.
I’ll leave it to others to decide that.

1  Thank Jae L
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The bagel shop was staffed only by a few un-professional teenagers. The male that took my order FORGOT that I placed an order because he struck up a conversation with some friends that came in to socialize about jet skis. There was a female behind the counter pulling her hair into a pony-tail with her bare hands. Another employee arrived, and appeared to be delivering bagels from another location inside reusable grocery bags. The bagels were not stored in anything; they were loose in the bags, which appeared to be re-used. The third employee delivering the bagels, also female, brought the bags of bagels into the store with the help of the other female employee. This third employee was BAREFOOT and proceeded to walk into the prep area. All three employees begin to unload the bagels from the bags using their bare hands. They did not wash their hands before touching the bagels, nor did I see them wash their hands at any point during my visit. I reminded the female at the counter, and she proceeded to make my order. I had ordered a bagel and two bagel sandwiches; she made all three without gloves and without washing her hands. I was alarmed and asked why she did not wear gloves and she told me that they “ran out”. I took my sandwiches and left; I was there for 20 minutes and only ordered three carry out items. Once I was no longer in shock, I realized that the employee touched her hair, the front door, the car door, the front door again, and then my bagel (all without washing her hands). I quickly tossed my bagels into the trash and will never return.

3  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I don't know a bodega in any of the five boros that would be that run-down and dysfunctional. When I came in around 9 am the place smelled of cleaning supplies, there was no coffee, and the "bagels" were merely topologically adequate: they were round and had a hole in the middle. The selection was poor and the taste was like that of a under-microwaved Lender's. Astana Bagels - maybe.

1  Thank gordonsmc