“I have family from NY - these bagels are gross”
Review of New York Bagels

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New York Bagels
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“I have family from NY - these bagels are gross”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have family and friends in NY and bakeries and bagels alike are amazing in a good deli or bakery in NY. Trust me New Yorkers know their bagels and their lox. This place's name is misleading because they don't taste a thing like any NY bagel I have had. I don't know if they buy cheap flour to save money, lack on quality control, or simply don't know what a GOOD NY bagel tastes like. Don't waste your money. Go to the grocery store. Go get Thomas bagels. Heck Lenders bagels are better.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Lmlog22

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
“Half Price when I went”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was a lucky guy to find their breakfast sandwiches at half price! However, I would have been just as happy at full price. The Everything Egg Bagel is the best in my humble opinion. I've eaten there before and you must get their before 9 if you want a dozen of your favorite kind. The owner said it is best to order dozens the day before by calling. Lunch is good in the summer too but they close at 11am in the off season.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Mike K
“A find for us!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We are New Yorkers, transplanted to Virginia--and during our recent vacation in the OBX were delighted to find NY Bagels--contrary to the opinion of other reviewers, we thought the bagels were quite good--in fact, as good as we have found in the south to date after 10 years of looking about. The poppy seed were our favorites, with cheese second. He does make a limited amount, so for variety, early is the way to go. We even brought some home with us, and plan on returning next trip to the beach.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank greyhairedwanderer
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Not great, but better than Max's”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We went here on day one of our vacation to get bagels, and they were basically like supermarket bagels, but with more variety. Searching for something better near the end of our vacation, we went to Max's in Kitty Hawk--which was so much worse that it made these bagels look like H&H in comparison (see my review of Max's). So unless I get up to Lighthouse in Corolla, I guess we'll stick with these if we want bagels in the OBX in the future. Hey, it *is* a long way from NYC...

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank brian14leonard
New York
“Nothing like this in New York”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Sorry, these are not New York Bagels! Nice try. Bagels just OK, very bready and too big for our resort toaster. By the time I got here after lunch time, there was hardly anything left to choose from. Judging from the "everything" bagels I bought - 2 whole wheat and 2 regular, I would not come back again.

1 Thank mugs4janet