“My favorite restaurant in OBX”

Goombays Grille & Raw Bar
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love Goombays! The food, the service, and the atmosphere are fantastic! I have tried a couple of different appetizers but I always get the steamed platter for an entree. The shrimp is well seasoned, the crab legs rock and the veggies are not too mushy. We always seem to end up at the same table, which I also like.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's a gimmicky place. Sub par food.very crowded and limited menu. Bar ok. Go to Bonzers right down road...great food, staff, ambiance, friendly, and affordable.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visit the outer banks every year and we have been going to goobays for at least 10 years. We have gone with as many as 15 people or as little as 6 like we did this year. The food is always good with some innovative recipes,most meals have a carribean flare which my family really likes. Half of the people in our party always order the jazzy chicken which is really good and their scallops are some of the best I've ever had,even in much "fancier" restaurants. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating ...my family always looks forward to going there,it is usually the 2nd restaurant we go to on our vacation. Goobays is also a fun place to go to the bar and they have a good raw bar and steamed shellfish. Try it u will like it.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Get the crabcake salad with sriracha ranch. it will change your life! awesome atmosphere - fresh food. our waitress (wish i could remember her name!) was a sweetheart!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We were staying across the street from this place and decided to give it a try. We had a dozen steamed clams and the tuna appetizer. Both were very good. We will most likely return.