“Always great!”

Goombays Grille & Raw Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Iselin, New Jersey, United States
“Always great!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visit the outer banks every year and we have been going to goobays for at least 10 years. We have gone with as many as 15 people or as little as 6 like we did this year. The food is always good with some innovative recipes,most meals have a carribean flare which my family really likes. Half of the people in our party always order the jazzy chicken which is really good and their scallops are some of the best I've ever had,even in much "fancier" restaurants. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating ...my family always looks forward to going there,it is usually the 2nd restaurant we go to on our vacation. Goobays is also a fun place to go to the bar and they have a good raw bar and steamed shellfish. Try it u will like it.

• Visited June 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Crabcake Salad introduced me to sriracha ranch!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Get the crabcake salad with sriracha ranch. it will change your life! awesome atmosphere - fresh food. our waitress (wish i could remember her name!) was a sweetheart!

• Visited July 2013
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Decent appetizers”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We were staying across the street from this place and decided to give it a try. We had a dozen steamed clams and the tuna appetizer. Both were very good. We will most likely return.

• Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“What a rude dump”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went on a rainy Sunday afternoon. We were staying in a condo across the street so we walked over in the rain for drinks and appetizers. We were really excited to have a bar within walking distance. We sat at the bar and the female bartender barely acknowledged us and they were not busy-we debated right then whether we should stay or leave. She finally took our drink orders but quickly went back to the two men at the end of the bar. We had to flag her down for another drink and to take our food order. Had she been really busy I could understand but she appeared to not care and I found it rude that she swigging Red Bull from the can the entire time-real classy. We will not return.

Visited October 2012
Clover, South Carolina
“Great seafood, but not much else to choose from!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this location over Memorial Day Weekend. It was recommended by our hotel, and we immediately headed there! The food was excellent. The crab dip was amazing! My only problem is that I am pregnant and I have to be careful about how much seafood I eat, so I couldn't find much on the menu that was "safe." I ended up eating a salad and picking off my husband's plate of fish tacos (which were excellent!). The decor is lots of fun. :-)

• Visited May 2013