“Good pizza, a little pricey”

Dare Devil Authentic Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sunderland, Maryland
“Good pizza, a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We ordered pizza to go on a Wednesday night in Kill Devil Hills. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating. They had the pepperoni pie ready when they said they would, and it was very tasty and flavorful. I could tell the sauce was not just run of the mill.

The only thing that holds them back is that a one topping large is sixteen dollars. But other than that, this place is highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank suppressor86

Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
“A dinner stop every year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We eat at Dare Devil's pizza every year when we are in the Outer Banks. The service is speedy and the pizza is good. No, it's not Chicago style, and no it's not New York pizza, but for North Carolina, it is quite tasty. It is a very reasonably priced meal for a family, plus, they have good beer!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Francis D
Petersburg, Virginia
“Authentic delicious pizza, friendly service. Don't miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Best pizza I've eaten in a long time! (And I've traveled to Italy twice, which trumps NY, just sayin'). We did get the pizza to take out, so I can't speak to the atmosphere except while waiting, and we enjoyed cold drinks, and smiling service at the bar. We were staying across the street at the beach club and I only wish we'd discovered how good Dare Devil pizza was before the last night, Ignore the naysayers and enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank SummerGypsy
Long Island, New York
“This NY'er says this ain't pizza...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Maybe what offer here passes for pizza but this was a 2 thumbs down from my family. No taste, flavor in the 14" dough platter that's covered in I guess what passes for sauce here....

Visited August 2013
2 Thank liguy631
“Great pizza and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in Kill Devil Hills for a week and one evening we were looking for a place to eat that was in walking distance for us from our apartment and thanks to Trip Advisor, we found Dare Devil Authentic Pizzeria. Now, we're from Naples, Italy so we know something about pizza and I must pay my compliments to the owner and his "pizzaiolo" because even though I had Greek style pizza the dough was just fantastic. Not only that, the toppings were real good. My daughter had extra cheese pizza and once again it was just great food.
The place was very nice, welcoming and I really liked it. Service was fast and excellent. For a blue moon beer in a bottle, two small pizzas, and a coke, I spent 35$. Maybe just a bit expensive, but because the quality of the food was great I didn't mind.
I hope to go back again next year if we come back. Until then I do recommend the pizzeria, you'll enjoy it. Buon appetito.

Visited August 2013