“Nice meal of well done seafood and steak”
Review of Flying Fish Cafe - CLOSED

Flying Fish Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located at Milepost 9.75 in Kill Devil Hills on Route 158 (Bypass)
Pennsylvania
“Nice meal of well done seafood and steak”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a party of 8 and our reserved table was ready. Very friendly waitstaff. Raw tune app was so good we got extras. Grilled mahi and tuna we well prepared, sauced and arrived hot. The easily subsitutted garlic mashed for rice when requested. Nice drink menu with good martinis. They have wine in 3 price classes and were out of the medium priced Chard but the more expensive one 9$42) was excellent.

Nags Head, North Carolina
“Best restaurant in the Outer Banks!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My family and I vacation at the Outer Banks every year.. and we just tried this restaurant for the first time last night.. We came in with a party of 11 and they were extremely accommodating - they even take reservations.. Their service was the best that we have EVER experienced and we go out very often.. and their food- the best we have ever had, surrounded by a modern sophisticated atmosphere. Everyone ordered something different off of the menu and we couldnr't decide what dish was the best. My husband and I had just taken our 3 kids out the night before to JK's restaurant and it did not nearly compare to the flying fish cafe- especially if you have young kids (the kids menu is much better ). Their menu featured many creative dishes of seafood, steaks, and even lamb, which was the best I have ever tasted (and being Greek, and a cook myself, I am pretty critical) The true test for the menu was my extremely picky brother-in-law, who when looking at the menu was disappointed because everything was too extravagant for him.. but he left raving! This restaurant is a classier restaurant, a little more pricey, but worth every penny!! Our experience left a wonderful taste in our mouths - in both ways, and this place will be a tradition of ours every year!

2 Thank KeeKeeKins

Flying Fish Cafe and Wine Bar *****
2003 S Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
(252) 441-6894
flyingfishcafeobx.com

Excellent food. Service was accurate and pleasant but somewhat hurried and server left table before one customer was finished getting information or ordering. Management explained later that server was new to the dinner shift and had previously worked the lunch shift where speed is more of a priority.

Wine menu is extensive. Food was prepared excellently and presented in a pleasant manner.

Visited August 2014
Emporia, Virginia, United States
“Amazing dinner!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband, 1 yr old & I ended up eating here bc another place had a 1.5 hr wait. I reserved a table online & didn't have a wait. We each tried one of nightly specials. We loved them! My 1 yr old approved of the tuna. It was a little pricey but def the food & atmosphere were amazing.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Intimate Dining Expierence”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very nice wine list and delicious food. We were seated immediately for our 5:30 reservation and the place was deserted-- however, when we were leaving an hour later it was packed! Delicious entrees and I highly recommend the rum cake for dessert it was superb!