“Bangin' food. Great service. Couldn't ask for more!”
Review of Flying Fish Cafe - CLOSED

Flying Fish Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located at Milepost 9.75 in Kill Devil Hills on Route 158 (Bypass)
Edenton, North Carolina
“Bangin' food. Great service. Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Oh. My. God. New Years dinner was spectacular. Not a single complaint. Half lobster stuffed with crab was amazing. Hubs had a filet and added a side of oysters. I think I'm Ina food coma.

1 Thank SandSunSurf85

Falls Church VA
“Update from last year -- still wonderful!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I reviewed Flying Fish last year at about this same time when we happened upon it the day after Christmas. It has gotten nothing but better since then and it was wonderful a year ago! My husband requested Flying Fish for his birthday dinner after last year's experience. My daughter and I both had the sea bass. Oh, my gosh. It was so good - tender, perfectly cooked. It came on top of wild rice which often seems to me to be a bit overwhelming, especially with fish. Not so in this dish. It was the perfect complement. The roasted asparagus was tender and wonderfully flavorful. My husband had the filet upon the recommendation of our server. He hardly had to use his knife and commented that he had never had the experience of "drinking" a filet! That was a good thing-- it was perfectly done as ordered and incredibly tender. The only comment I would make was that the server didn't ask what size he wanted. They offer a 5 ounce and I think 10 ounce and he was brought the larger one which is not what he would have ordered had he been asked. No problem, though, as it was so good he ate the whole thing! But the crowning glory was the dessert which we ordered in spite of all the sweetness we had over Christmas. We had the rum cake which is listed for two people. Well, all three of us dove right in and had more than enough for us -- we thought maybe we should have invited the table next to us to bring their spoons over as well. Not only was there cake but ice cream covered with a caramel sauce. Oh, delicious! We are so happy we went back and look forward to the next trip!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Twochris
“wonderful seafood”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

my spouse and I took a trip to Outer Banks to experience weather that the Wright bros. experienced 109 years ago--went to Wright Bros celebration on Dec 17, 2012
Flying Fish was highly recommended by a friend so we sought it out. it was one of the few restraunts open in this "off" season. Crabcakes and Red Snapper were delicious and very well prepared. We are from Louisiana and compared the food to some of the best we have had in LA!
great food at a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank B H
NE Tennessee
“Went there three consecutive nights”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very clean and attractive.The bread came with an olive oil dip. We each ordered the same meals and then traded some portions. The Cobia, which is rare to see on a restaurant menu, was excellent. This was accompanied by wild rice with a pineapple salsa. Creative and excellent. Our other meal was local sea scallops with pesto and lemon risotto. I am not generally particularly fond of risotto, but I loved and finished it. They have an excellent wine list, which by restaurant standards was well priced. You can bring your own wine for a minimum corkage fee. Mila was our server and could not have asked for a better one. Unobtrusive but always keeping an eye on in case we wished her attention. Bravo!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank mickywine
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Deliciousness topped with great service and value!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went to Nags Head for Thanksgiving break. The Flying Fish was recommended by our local foodie friends. This place is excellent. The food was outstanding and the service terrific. You can't get quality food like this for the price where we live. We liked it so much, we ordered our family Thanksgiving dinner there too. Loved it! If you like crab cakes, you have to try them here. We will be back for sure.

• Visited November 2012