“A fantastic restaurant experience”
Review of Flying Fish Cafe - CLOSED

Flying Fish Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located at Milepost 9.75 in Kill Devil Hills on Route 158 (Bypass)
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have been to the Flying Fish twice and both times the food and service was excellent! Fresh seafood, amazing desserts, and an extensive wine list added to the overall experience. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely make this a must-do on our next trip!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have been going to the OBX for over 40 years and have tried a LOT of restaurants but for some reason, just never tried this one. It was a little more quiet and refined without being pricey. We thoroughly enjoyed our seafood meals. The servers were excellent.... we will definitely mention it to friends.....

1  Thank Ginny M
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Flying Fish is a great place to have dinner at for many reasons. First of which is the great food. It is obvious that the chefs take pride in each dish they send out as they are plated very well and seasoned perfectly. The specials that change often were wonderful. I had a great double bone in pork chop with the best smoked Gouda sauce. My second night I had a pan seared black grouper with the most savory avocado, corn, and tomato salsa. Unfortunately I did not make it here a third time as I did not find it until the end of my vacation. Second reason to go here is the great service. The servers are attentive and knoweldgable about the menu and drinks. We had a different server both nights and it is clear that they are well instructed on dealing with customers properly. I don't know hen my next trip to the OBX will be, but you can bet The Flying Fish will be tops on my culinary list! Thanks for the excellent dining experience, twice.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went on a friends recommendation. Food was fabulous, our server was attentive and knowledgeable. One of the best meals that I have had in over 20 years of coming to OBX.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Appetizers like the Spinach & Parmesan Pie and entrees like the Panco encrusted Halibut with strawberry vinegar reduction are the signature of this creative restaurant. The staff prides themselves on being attentive and not overbearing, This was our fifth or sixth visit, very consistent.

1  Thank Been2Madagascar