“The best fish tacos and secret sauce”

Mama Kwan's Grill & Tiki Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: We have been serving the Outer Banks, NC for the past 10 years, with our very own twist on food from around the world – and around the block.Our local seafood menu is designed to cover all types of tastes, so even the pickiest member of your party will find something they enjoy.We’re a laid back, fun and offer a casual dining experience for the entire family. We offer a kids menu, so everyone will find their happy place.We laugh a lot and smile because we enjoy what we do here. We hope you enjoy your time here at our local OBX bar and grill, and on vacation at the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
“The best fish tacos and secret sauce”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Each review that is written is every thing and more here at Mama Kwans with great service. I recommend this place to my family and friends for a great place to stop at.

“Smaller is Better...”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Mama Kwans is consistently awesome. No one can compare with their Fish Taco's and all the local places had to up their game just to get in the same category. The place is super cool, they opened once for me before hours so I didn't stand in the rain. Another time Kwan gave me all the insight to his bar and bamboo as I a trying to build an outside bar at my rental house to model it. OK, back to the food....the WORST part of Mama Kwan's is that the Tacos are so good, it is hard to order anything else! The Tuna sushi is amazing and nice kick before the meal. Also the specials are really good like Blue Moon. Small place and amazing...check it out

• Visited May 2014
“Very good food & adorable decor!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while on vacation because of the good reviews & the food was terrific. I ordered the fish tacos & even ordered them for my small children to split as well. They were so good. The lime sour cream was creamy & the fish was fresh and delicious. My girls really liked them too. My husband ordered the Hawaiian pork plate & the flavor was fantastic. Ordered the Thai moneybags for an appetizer and they were crunchy & flavorful. Also loved the house teriyaki sauce for dipping them in so much that I poured some on my tacos too!

“Fantastic lunch!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch and left extremely happy! Service was good and the prices were reasonable. Looked like a lot of locals were coming in, so that is always a good sign. I had their fish tacos and it made my opinion of fish tacos go up a lot! Best I have ever had! I highly recommend this place.

Maryland
“A Must stop in OBX”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Can't believe I haven't submitted a review for Mama Kwans before.. Mama Kwans has been a must stop for every OBX vacation we have made and there have been many! The food and vibe are great and definitely put you into vacation mode. The Hawaiian Pork Plate is my go to and the fish tacos are good also... we usually have a large party and everybody has liked the food they ordered. Obviously if you go on a Saturday or Sunday at turnover time it can get crowded, we've been there 15 minutes after they have opened on a Saturday and had a wait because every table filled when the doors opened but its worth it.... going back during the week before the dinner rush is easier