“Great pancakes”

Stack 'em High Pancakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a family owned and operated breakfast restaurant celebrating our 35th season. We offer traditional breakfast fare such as Belgian waffles, buttermilk pancakes, french toast, eggs and omelettes with homemade specialties like Grateful Granola and Monster Biscuits. We proudly serve our own special blend of Morningview Coffee roasted locally in Nags Head. Our friendly staff welcome you to join us for breakfast seven days a week from March to November. See you at the 9 milepost in Kill Devil Hills!
Reviewed July 10, 2012

While I was tempted to order and omelette or other egg dish I chose the short stack or pancakes, as the place takes its name from them, and I was not disappointed. The pancakes were light, fluffy, and delicious. I didn't even order a topping, was pleased with just the pancakes. While on the OBX I definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Whenever our family visits the Outer Banks, Stack 'em High is always our first stop! Freshly made breakfasts include stacks of pancakes (they really do stack high!), omelettes, fresh fruit, and more -- with lots of variations to choose from. Lots of funny quotations adorn the walls, adding to the get-away-from-it-all atmosphere. Kids love it, grandparents love it, and everyone in between. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Based on reviews, we decided to try this breakfast place out. Sure, there were some poor reviews but the majority seemed to like it so what the heck? Well, we show up and there is no parking. We park in the grass. Fine...seems like a good sign..must be good. Well, we look in the windows and there are many open tables but a line around the building. Why? They have a non traditional set up it seems. You go through a buffet or cafeteria style line to get your fruit, juice, or drinks then you order at the end where this only one clerk. Long process at could be shortened tremendously by having waitress's take orders. On to the food, fruit looked great but was sour. I ordered a veggie omelette that was filled with tomato and red pepper...the cheese was disgusting. I think it was processed cheese...no I know it was, the hash browns were great and so were the English muffins. The French toast was tasty also. The pancakes were no better than aunt jemima or equivalent. Would I go back? No. Why? The ordering process was combersome and too lengthy. The food was not the best I have had...not even close. This was a thumbs down in my opinion.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

it's hard to go wrong with strickly breakfast fare and this restaurant was no disappointment

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is the best breakfast place. Sometimes there's a bit of a line, but it's because their food is sooo good. They have something for everyone... large menu with just about any variety of breakfast food you can think of. Great for groups.