“Best Food Ever!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Food Ever!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went here for my birthday dinner. Place is cool, looks like a little diner in an airstream, but you walk in and realize its huge! Busy, but fast and friendly service despite being filled. We had drinks, which were delicious. We had the steak and cheese eggrolls: they might be the best things I've ever eaten! I had the Lancaster Chicken and Dumplings: the dumplings were huge and perfectly made and the chicken was so flavorful. To end the evening we had the chocolate chip pecan pie...It was AMAZING! I'll be making this a stop whenever I find myself in Kill Devil HIlls. :-)

• Visited March 2014

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Great place for extraordinary of the ordinary.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The food at this establishment is REALLY good. The only two drawbacks are if you want whats on the menu you have to get there early, because of a limited menu. Then the other drawback is that you have to wait sometimes upto an hour or more. Given that I always arrive early and the wait is well worth it.

• Visited June 2013
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Nice, fresh flavorful food”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Amiable staff at a very popular (no reservations, there will probably be a wait) restaurant - very attentive to individual customer needs. The food is good and flavorful. I had grilled shrimp and spaghetti in a tomato cream sauce, perfectly prepared. My friends and I shared a salad that had a very tasty house dressing light and just tart enough. Regret not going for the broiled rockfish over mashed sweet potatoes as that sounded interestingly inventive. Still, an overall pleasant experience.

Visited March 2014
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Great local place.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've only been there a few times, but it's always been really good, with great prices. I was there for lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place ..... a MUST”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I can't believe I've been coming to obx for thirty some years and never ate here. I was down for the weekend and someone I work with told me too go there and try their crab cakes. I also went on here and checked reviews. OMG, this place needed to be twice the size. I had to wait about 30/45 minutes, but very well worth it. I had crab cake dinner, grilled veggies, and pasta. Key lime pie and strawberry short cake to die for. Kids shrimp and kids burger were enjoyed by the kids also. I want to try their fried chicken salad. Very reasonable priced. I loved the atmosphere. I can't wait to get there next month in April for a week ... definitely a couple time eating there will be a sure thing. They are closed on Sunday and Monday. Don't miss out like I have for all there years!! :-)