“Cheap eats and beer”

The Pit - Boardriders Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Cozy, surf-themed log cabin in the center of Kill Devil Hills with a progressive menu featuring oversized, Cali-style burrito-wraps (including inventive vegetarian options), 1/3lb Angus burgers, gourmet personal pizzas, quesadillas, hot sandwiches, monster salads, and much more! Serving this robust menu all day, from 11:30am to 9pm.After 9, regional and international DJs spin in the ground-floor nightclub area. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are Teen Nights, all other nights are 21 and up only, unless otherwise advertised. Live bands play our stage on occasion!
Australia
“Cheap eats and beer”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Tuesday night taco night has become a staple of life in Kill Devil Hills, so they tell me. I went for the $1.50 beef tacos and had three of them along with two bottles of Pacifico since this lovely beer from Mazatlan was on special as well. Yes!
I would have been swayed towards giving The Pit four stars had the tacos been a little bigger and had the place not been in the process of closing for the night at around 8:00 PM. I did not know bars did that.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank YankieDan

Pensacola, Florida
“TACO TUESDAY”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My 5-star rating is soley based on my Taco Tuesday experiences. $1 black bean tacos that have great flavor and heat! Relaxing atmosphere. Go on Tuesday and get the black bean tacos...

• Visited December 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Must-Go”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Every year we go to the Outer Banks we have to stop at The Pit. The waiters and waitresses are so friendly and the food is great. The atmosphere inside is all about surfing and is decorated really neat. They have a game room upstairs for kids which is always nice while they're waiting for the food to come out. The menu is large enough to accommodate most people and they have a great drink selection as well. Attached to the restaurant is a surf shop which has clothing, shoes, accessories, bumper stickers, etc. The clothing is a little pricey but it's also a good name brand. It's always nice to eat and then stop in the store for a little shopping. Definitely love The Pit - the wraps at the place are HUGE and a great price!

• Visited June 2013
“Take out”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 10 min. trying to put an order together for take out from The Pit Bar and Grill. I can not comment on the food or atmosphere because I wanted to place a take out order. When I called, I was prompted by the restaurant that they were to busy and would not accept any take-out orders and fairly rude. Completely dumb-founded...probably not the way I would run my company. Obviously customer service is not a priority. Was looking forward but will not consider this restaurant in the future.

Visited September 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“$2.00 Tuesday night tacos not for the faint of heart”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to dinner at The Pit for Tuesday Tacos. My daughter had lived at worked in the area and was thrilled during our recent vacation to revisit some of favorite eateries. The upstairs was packed and they asked if we wanted to eat down stairs. Oh my, what can I say it's a "pit" dark dreary, dirty looking. But the table was clean. We waited about 15 minutes being completely ignored until a waitress from upstairs came down to get something from the bar. She came over after I signaled to her. She let us know that the bar tender/waitress would be with us a minute. She then went over and told he bar tender to come over. She did, and the first thing she said was did you want food? No we came to a restaurant to stair at the exposed duct work on the ceiling! We told her yes we came for tacos. If that was "ALL" we wanted she could take care of that. If my daughter had not been so excited about enjoying her tacos I would have gotten the manager and left. The tacos our drinks and the very large basket of chips arrived at the table. We ordered two chicken tacos each. The taco was so spicy it burned my lips and mouth it was impossible to eat. We never saw her again until my daughter choked hers down. She said she was determined to eat it, that they had obviously changed the recipe but that she had been looking forward to eating it for weeks. The waitress asked if I was not hungry, I told her that I simply could not eat it. She responded that she could bring me another taco, chicken, pork or beef but they would all be the same. Apparently the cook had decided that since they were busy on Tuesday he would mix everything the day before and then just have to throw it on the grill when an order came in. Unfortunately it means leaving it sit it the spicy mixture for over 24 hours in stead of as ordered. Neither of us will ever return to the restaurant.

Visited August 2013