“Taco Tuesdays”

The Pit - Boardriders Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Cozy, surf-themed log cabin in the center of Kill Devil Hills with a progressive menu featuring oversized, Cali-style burrito-wraps (including inventive vegetarian options), 1/3lb Angus burgers, gourmet personal pizzas, quesadillas, hot sandwiches, monster salads, and much more! Serving this robust menu all day, from 11:30am to 9pm.After 9, regional and international DJs spin in the ground-floor nightclub area. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are Teen Nights, all other nights are 21 and up only, unless otherwise advertised. Live bands play our stage on occasion!
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Small place but great atmosphere. Went for taco tuesday and the tacos were great! Bartender was cool.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Delicious sandwiches, fries, and dessert.

It's hard to mess up a grilled cheese with bacon, but this went above and beyond and we SUPER TASTY! The seasoned fries were perfectly crisp on the outside yet soft on the inside.

And the dessert was phe-NOM-NOM-NOM-enal!!! Chocolate peanut butter awesomeness.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a Saturday with 7 kids under the age of 7. Servers put up with our nonsense and the food came out fast. My buddy said his burger was good and I had the jerk chicken burrito which was tasty. All in all it was a great spot to start our vacation. I wish I would have found this place 20 yrs ago and drank the night away with my peeps.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place used to be awesome. A nice hole in the wall place to catch some good tunes and have a couple beers. While still having the occasional drug problem or fight, it could be overlooked. Now it seems their only focus is underage or "teen" nights, and euro nights. No more is there awesome local, and big name bands playing here(from what I hear its because the owner stiffs them on pay, no surprised based on recent interactions with the guy). Their teen night looks like a school dance from an inner city slum school, I wouldn't let my kids near it. Not to mention that they serve alcohol during it, and it seem to be a magnet for perverted older men. The euro night is ok, though I'm pretty sure putting itunes on random could do a better job djing than the clowns they have. The place itself is rundown. Bulbs are burned out and never replaced, the pool table is uneven and missing balls, the arcade games never work. The chairs in the lounge are all broke. Its like the owner/management just doesn't care about quality anymore. I'd rather drive to Norfolk/VA Beach an grab a concert than ever step foot in The Pit again. Avoid at all cost.

1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Tuesday is the day to go to the PIT!!! Lots of beers and margarita's for only $3 all day. We ordered Nacho's and it was so big and so delicious we couldn't eat dinner after them. The place has a carribean theme and is upstairs. I'd go back in a heartbeat.