“One of the best in OBX”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of the best in OBX”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Excellent food and service. We are from CA, NY, TX and England . . . and all agree this is one of the best restaurants for flavor and service. If you are looking for a bar atmosphere - go somewhere else. If you like Thai food - this is the best you'll get in these parts.

Kill Devil Hills
“In a class by itself”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I know there's always a temptation to compare restaurants of similar genres, but don't bother with this one. It's in a class by itself: our appetizers showed up one by one exactly as we finished each one. The service by their family made us feel like we were at home. Hot & sour soup with a peanut stock; Fresh Thai egg roll with an incredible sweet sauce, scallions, bean curd & shrimp. The Pad thai was spiced perfectly. The Singha beer was a great compliment to the Pad thai. And finally, the prices were very reasonable. As we waited for our table we noticed that The Thai Room is a favorite of the locals. Now we know why. Don't pass this one by!

Arlington, VA
“Not for anyone who really likes Thai food”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We ordered take-out from here so we can't comment on the dining experience but the food was disappointing to us as Thai food fans. Two items were very good - the pork satay and the green papaya salad. But the pad thai was bland with an overriding flavor of ketchup, the drunken noodles were below average and the Bangkok Beef which I ordered due to a blog recommendation mentioned was very strange -- it was like smll pieces of beef jerky, very dry and chewy with not much flavor. Maybe this is how it is supposed to be but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I would stick to seafood in the Outer Banks and wait until you get back to DC or wherever you live for good Asian food.

Dunmore, PA
“Vegetarian spring rolls with pork”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We ate dinner here last night. My wife had the Thai tea, which was very good. I tried a Mai Tai. For openers we had the steamed vegetarian spring rolls. They were very good but my wife, who doesn't eat pork discovered bits of pork in her vegetarian roll. For dinner I had the Pad Tai and it was tasty, good size portion. My wife had the Siam seafood, which was also very tasty.

The service was very attentive and quick to refill our drinks. It's a small restaruant and has quaint booths that are covered with cloth and decorated with Siamese arts. There was a musty smell that you would associate with a quaint seafood hut. The restaruant is a nice diversion from the seafood restaruants along the outer banks. There were many couples here, some older. The Chinese items on the menu seemd to appeal to the older couples sitting around us. We will eat here again.

norfolk
“Maitai's are a must!”
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Everything on the menu is delicious, A must are the Maitai's and egg rolls. I didn't think I was a fan of Thai food, but one trip here changed my mind for good.