“Fantastic Shrimp Po boy”

Chilli Peppers Coastal Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hampstead, Maryland
“Fantastic Shrimp Po boy”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

On our recent trip to the Outer Banks we stopped into Chilli Peppers for dinner one night. The atmosphere inside is very laid back. We had an 18 month old child with us and no one even noticed he was there. Our waitress at first was a little cold but she warmed up quickly. I had one of the best Shrimp Po boys that I have ever had. My husband and a friend of ours got the steak fajitas and my husband cleaned his plate. Another friend of ours had the pasta special that night, which was shrimp and penne in a pesto sauce. I tried some and it was delicious. The prices are fair, the service was good, and it was child friendly.

• Visited August 2014

“Disappointed in night life”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for a drink after reading good reviews and setting a rather exciting margarita list on the website. Upon arrival on a Tuesday night, my husband was charged a $5 cover. That should have been our red flag right there. We walked into the bar, asked for a drink menu, and was told "what you see is what you get." We ordered two basic margaritas ($8 each) and they were served in pint glasses and were terrible. I'm a bartender in Pennsylvania. I know how to make a margarita. These were entirely too sweet. For a place that advertises margaritas, we expected much better. We left after one drink. Crowd is mostly young 20-somethings.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Definitely Will Return ”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Never dined here before, but after watching their video on Youtube we had to go. And wasn't disappointed. It was smaller than we imagined, but that was made up for by the friendly staff and quaint atmosphere.
The menu was basic, but had some nice selections. Started with the homemade fried dill pickles and they were delicious, best I've had. Ordered the fish and chips for $9.99, and it was tasty although a bit small. The owner checked on us and was very gracious. Can't wait to eat here again on our next visit to the OB.

Elkhorn
“Lots of menu choices”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The menu had mexican, sandwiches, seafood, and pasta choices. Two of us got the taco salad which was excellent. I had fish and chipswith fries ... but theyalso gave me a few of their homemade chips. All the food was exceelent and fairly priced. Good casual atmoshphere. Our server was cery good as well. We would dedefinitely go back.

• Visited August 2014
“Something has changed...........”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This was my third year visiting this restaurant. We have made it our annual stop when leaving the OBX. I knew right away that something was strange when I pulled into the parking lot and had my choice of empty parking spaces. I normally never get a chance to park in the lot and have to park elsewhere. Upon entering the restaurant, we made a brief restroom stop to wash our hands. The bathrooms were filthy! Someone's name had been posted inside the toilets. Maybe it was for better aim? The faucet was broken making it a challenge to even get the water to turn on. My family and I were seated right away. There was no wait. Very unusual. We were greeted right away by a very friendly waitress named Lisa. ( she has waited on us before and always does a great job). Nothing has changed with the service, as it has always been great! The change that I am talking about is with the food. Both quality and quantity. I ordered the same as I always do. And it was below average. It appeared that the cook was running low on ingredients and tried to spread the meal out over the entire plate to make it look good. I'm not a complainer so I dug right in and finished everything. It didn't take long. I was happy that I ordered a side of sausage which by the way also changed. The large link sausage that they used to have is gone. Now you get two smaller links that are sliced in half for an extra charge of $2.25. Anyways..... we finished our meals except for the cold potatoes and made one final stop to the restrooms to take aim one more time before our long journey home. I was generous rating this restaurant as average. I did so because of the valuable, hard working wait staff that they have. I will give this restaurant a try one more time, but if management doesn't pay more attention to the restaurant in general, I'll never return here again. I'm sure that other patrons will do the same. I look forward to reviewing this restaurant next year.