“Ok food, not great service, expensive”

Chilli Peppers Coastal Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This place came recommended from a few people so I was eager to try. We were there during the "happy hour" which applies to steamed shrimp/crab legs. I got the shrimp - very cheap also very cheap shrimp. Not all of them were very appetizing but I ate them because I paid for them! This is what put me off the whole place : the entrees came 5 minutes after they brought out the shrimp so my food was cold and my husband and son were almost done eating by the time I got to my entree - not cool! Husband said crab cake sandwich was good but not great. To be fair, the scallop sandwich on the Cuban bread was really good. But that's about it...really wanted to like it but I felt ripped off and annoyed.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited on a rainy Wed. The restaurant was busy with a full restaurant. Service was good considering the crowd but there were a couple of glitches-we were never offered drink refills and 1/2 our food was accidentally left in the kitchen when we asked for take home boxes! My Boom Boom shrimp was amazing but my mother was disappointed in her ribs.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stay in a house that is within walking distance but this is the first time we ate here. They have a pretty good beer selection and Mexican seafood choices. The lime Caesar salad dressing was really great on a very generously portioned house salad. My son and I both got crab legs and I have to say they were the tastiest we have ever had. Much better than just being boiled in old bay seasoning. They grilled the kids shrimp dish for us instead of deep fried but was a little too much seasoning for a 7 year old. My husband had the tuna special with a very tasty side of vegetables. The fish bites for an appetizer were delicious! The service was good. The place is small and a little crowded but worth it!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The outside corn hole area was great for the wait with small kids. The food was only OK but the service was outstanding. The large house Margarita was very good

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had dinner here tonight and thought everything about this place was great. Family of 4 with 2 kids. We were quickly seated in a half-full room at 5pm on a Saturday night. No waiting and no shoulder to shoulder crowds like many other restaurants we had seen the last few days and even on the way here. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere with welcoming staff, a couple of televisions with sports going, and you didn't have to raise your voice to be heard across the table. It was colorful and well decorated as well.
The menu was diverse and had something for everyone. We had the caesar salad, a chicken fingers kids meal, fish and chips, and crab cake sandwich meals. It was a tough decision on my part...the portabello mushroom sandwich will have to wait until next time! The food came quicker than expected, it had to have been around 10 minutes, and everyone was very pleased at the portions received.
The salad was huge and the ingredients were fresh and crisp, very tasty!
The chicken fingers kids meal received high marks along with the fries.
The crab cake sandwich was excellent with great flavor. Everyone tried and loved it!
The fish and chips was also great and I loved the flavor of the tartar sauce.
We also thought the cole slaw sides were awesome with great flavor and a nice little "kick".
Everyone around us also seemed to really enjoy their meals, so I wouldn't hesitate to order about anything off this menu. They also have a fun looking little bar at the front if thats your thing.

We still have a few more days here in the OBX, but I'm pretty sure we'll be back here before our trip is over. The food and service was excellent and $50 to feed a family of 4 very well is hard to do in these parts. We give this place 8 thumbs up for sure, well done!