“Good food, high prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of JK's Restaurant

JK's Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“Good food, high prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Filet was delicious, prices too high. Not good for average person to try to afford the food. We almost left before ordering after seeing the prices. Knew some in our party might be able to afford the prices. Someone else had made the reservations.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank susie g

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“Locals Recommend......Sorry, I can't.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Let me jump right in on my experiences with JK's in KDH.

1. Prices high for what you receive. $26.00 for 2 skewers of grilled shrimp(10), green beens and rice pilaf. Food was good tasting...just overpriced.

2. Service was TOO attentive, at the point of being annoying...some people might enjoy the constant attention.....I just want to enjoy my food.....If I need something, I will ask.

3. DO NOT!!! EVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, ask to take my plate while I have a fork in my hand, and food in my mouth. My response to missy waitress.... "No, are you kidding me?" Our visit was very early in the season, the restaurant was certainly not very busy, there is absolutely no reason for rushing us to "free-up" a table.

Was hoping for better, left disappointed. I will be more cautious with local recommendations.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank John P
North Carolina
“Tasty but crazy steak prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Service was very good. I had cobia with a chipotle sauce. It was good but the sauce wasn't very flavorful and the green beans on the side weren't cooked quite enough. The bread is commercial bread so I skipped that. My husband, who loves beef, had a giant ribeye that was $45! It wasn't worth the amount we spent and we won't go back.

Visited April 2013
Annandale, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The meal is excellent! We went 3 years ago on our last visit to Duck, NC and just had to return to see if it was still good. Steaks were done perfectily. Veggies were fresh and hot bread was delivered to the table. Wait staff were very knowledgable. Definately a place to go back to!

• Visited April 2013
Massachusetts
“Quality Eating Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fine atmosphere is second only to its dinner offerings. I had the petite filet mignon. I’m not sure why they left a large steak knife, as the fork was more than adequate to cut through the beef. Everything was cooked to my liking. I only wish I had a larger appetite as the dessert menu needed to be sampled. The restaurant is located on Rte. 158, which gives it easy accessibility. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful with the menu items. It is certainly worthy of a return visit.

Visited April 2013