“YUM!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We just loved Awful Arthurs, in fact we loved it so much while we were in the OBX that we ate there 3 times. The food was fresh and very good. Service was good also. One night we ate at the bar downstairs, one night seated at a table and on the third night at the bar upstairs for cocktails and appetizers. The upstairs bar has a nice view but a very limited menu. Arthurs is a fun, casual and comfortable place. We will definitely go back on our next trip to the OBX. It’s a place that is a must visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed September 18, 2010

If you like local hangouts while on vacation, this is the place for you. My boyfriend and I were on vacation last week and we ate at Awful Arthurs Oyster Bar.They have local catch of the day. We ordered the seafood platter, the amount of food was unbelieveable! Neither one of us finished our dinner. It was outstanding! The parking lot was full and people were waiting to be seated. If you go early evening there is no wait, but if you wait till later, your going to wait. I have to say it is worth the wait. They shuck the oyster right at the bar and prepare all the steamed seafood right at the bar. Please give them a try if your ever in the area!

Reviewed September 16, 2010

We visited in the off season for lunch. At about $25 per person for alcohol, appetizers, and seafood, we found the price to be fair. We did not wait at all and the service was good. The crab meat au gratin, fried seafood, and hush puppies were excellent. The only bad thing was that the bathrooms were yuck, but it's to be expected in a place that also caters to the bar crowd in the evenings. We even talked about foregoing other restaurant experiences to go to Arthur's again!

Reviewed September 16, 2010

We stopped in for an early lunch to beat the crowds, but by the time we left, the parking lot was pretty full. This is a great stop for anyone looking for oysters, clams, or fried seafood. They had catch of the day special of fried flounder and fries...a great value at $6.00. The clam / lobster bisque was delicious.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

I enjoyed the food here, and I also bought a souvenir shirt. My shirt was ruined in a fluke accident when I got home. It was a good memory of my visit to the Outer Banks, so I went to the online store and ordered another shirt. It's been over 3 weeks, and I haven't even received an order confirmation, and the # for 'contact us' just rings and rings... I wouldn't be too upset, or feel the need to write a negative review, except that my credit card was promptly charged as soon as I placed the order...