“A fun beach eatery in the Outer Banks”

Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A fun beach eatery in the Outer Banks”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar is a must-go for seafood fans visiting the Outer Banks, N.C.
Come for the fresh seafood: oysters, shrimp, fish, as well as good salads and pasta.
The place is fairly small, so a wait is to be expected especially on a weekend, but you can pass the time with a drink at the upstairs bar and enjoy great views of the Atlantic, or next door in their fun beach shop.
Great prices, great food, great atmosphere. It may appear a bit touristy but the locals eat here too!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Matt D

Goddard, Kansas
“Awful Aurthurs should be Awesome Aurthurs.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This is always my first stop in OBX directly after checking in. I opt for the bar for its atmosphere and bands on the weekend. Limited seating and menu. Steamed shrimp and raw oysters are amazing. Try a beer oyster shooter! House made cocktail sauce is the best I've ever had. Bartenders and super friendly and happy to serve. Resturant menu is huge with mostly fried options. During the busy season you will have a significant wait but so worth it.

3 Thank Jenephuer
Farmville, Virginia
“Great steamed seafood and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We always go to Awful Arthur's while at the Outer Banks. Their steamer is the best anywhere and the seafood is always perfectly cooked. Had their famous steamed shrimp and crablegs and we were not disappointed. In addition, all of the staff are so friendly and some,namely KIm, always remember us and make a point to come to our table "catch up" with us. Love this place!

Visited February 2013
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Oysters, Oysters and more Oysters”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been there serveral times, mostly in the off season. Even in the off season it takes a while to get a seat. This is one of my favorite’s places to eat when we go to the OBX. We have eaten at the tables for full meals, but prefer to sit at the bar, order a peck of Oysters to start, then a pound or two of steamed shrimp, etc. I really enjoy the pick food, but there meals are pretty good as well.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank TracyRiggio
Raleigh, North Carolina
“My Favorite Restaurant on the OBX”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant. My parents moved to Manteo 25 years ago. One of the first restaurants I tried was Awful Arthur's...I love the seafood...it is the best on the OBX. I even moved from NJ to NC to be closer to my Mom and....Awful Arthur's. It is the best.

2 Thank Pamela T