“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have come to Kill Devil Hills every summer for that past 15 years and have never stumbled across this little gem! The overall food selection was great (not overwhelming) and the crab legs were plentiful and excellent. I have to say that the service was outstanding and our young waiter, Bob, was extremely personable. The desserts were a little lacking and could use a little appeal...but then dessert was not that important to us. We were really there for the crablegs and seafood selections. We will be back!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place has all that you'd want in an all you can eat seafood place. I would give this a five star if it wasn't for two things: being so crowded and running out of crabs for a bit. But I'm sure that's expected this time of year. The hushpuppies were so good! The staff was constantly coming by to take away shells, refill drinks, etc. I just wish the tables weren't so close because it's a bit crowded with everyone getting up and down so frequent. I would def recommend anyone to try Carolina's for an all you can eat feast!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

After visiting several of the sterilized places on the outer banks we finally went to the Carolina seafood buffet. Great value and the food was fantastic. Granted those who only go to chain eateries may be turned away but those of us who seek out the true spirit of a location for eats should zero in on this place. The variety was fantastic and the environment was where you could relax and enjoy. A reason for me to go back to Nags Head, NC.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Owner of this place is the rudest person I have ever encountered. I witnessed her being so extremely rude to a Family that was there, even getting on the loud speaker making snide remarks to them.
It was so unprofessional and childish. Customer Service/appreciation is huge in my book and I will never give someone who treats their customers like this ANY OF MY MONEY again and I tell everyone I know about this unbelievabley childish and horrible incident to any one who will listen. Not to mention that the food was disappointing as well. That was probably because of the bad taste in my mouth from the ungrateful Owner.
There are many other wonderful Restaurants who have Owners that will appreciate your business and treat their customers with appreciation!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant was very disappointing. While it was reasonably priced (as far as seafood buffets go) and the service was very good, the food was awful. There was not as much variety as you would expect. Everything in the line was dry and the crab legs were cold. The soft shell crabs were burnt as were a few of the fried items on the buffet. You can pay the same price at Jimmy's Buffet and get a better variety and food cooked perfectly!