“Okay. Just okay.”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
New Albany, Indiana, United States
“Okay. Just okay.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I’ve read a wide range of reviews for this place with people saying it is wonderful and it is terrible. My wife and I decided to try it out as we had coupons offering a reasonably priced whole lobster with the buffet.
I’d say it was neither wonderful nor awful. We both walked in and waddled out so it was obvious that we had eaten our fair share. It would be terribly unfair to say the food was bad. It would be untrue, however, to say that the food was great.
First off, the lobsters were cooked for us and they were just fine. They were chicken lobsters and were tasty. They were simply steamed or boiled and were fine. On the buffet the snow crab legs were decent as well; the only complaint about them was that they were not super-hot.
Actually, the ‘not super-hot’ is an apt description of everything on the buffet. Not one thing was really hot enough.
The shrimp were okay but the mussels were terrible. Fried oysters and clams were fine. The Clams Casino tasted decent but they really weren’t genuine Clams Casino. The Oysters Rockefeller were clumps of spinach with cheese on them. I’m not sure any oysters lost their lives in the making of this dish. They had prime rib and I’m not sure if the diner is supposed to carve it or if they carve it. I carved some and it was done more than I’d have liked it and like most everything else, it was lukewarm.
I liked the local fresh tuna and would have really liked it if it had been hot. The creamy dilled tilapia was, essentially tasteless. The bread pudding was decent and I did enjoy the key lime pie.
On the plus side, it is nicer on the inside than it is on the outside and the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. You really can’t help but like these people.
All in all, it was a good enough meal to fill out bellies and have some tasty morsels; but hotter food would have raised the level of this place a great deal.

• Visited May 2013

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just nasty”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I can't write much as I have nothing nice to say about this place , we live here in Kill Devil Hills and have been here many times in the last 25 years and it always is the same just a dirty place and food is not very good.

Columbia, South Carolina
“the best”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

From the time we walked in the door til we walked out we had a blast ! Our belly's were full from some excellant food !! Had a great atmosphere ,the owners and waitresses are awesome!!!
We travel the U.S and this is some of the best seafood we have had.. Can't wait to visit again

• Visited April 2013
“Magnificant”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I love this resturant. The food was awesome and the employee are a breath of fresh air. My first time going was last yeat and i already been back and eill be taking that 2.5 hr drive a lot more this summer. :)

• Visited October 2012
Richmond
“Food, Service & Atmosphere were Excellent”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

From the time we walked in the door until the time we left we were in heaven. We had a party of nine and were seated with very fast. The buffet had so many choices! There were lots of different types of crab and fish. The desserts were also amazing. You could tell that everything was made fresh and they use family recipes! The bread pudding was to die for! We had some in our party that didn't even like seafood and they left with a full stomach. We also had one person that had a wheat allergy and the server was extremely helpful in pointing out which foods he could enjoy. The kids had a great time too! They each recieved pirate hats, stickers, sunglasses and eye patches. We will be back to Carolina Seafood on our next trip to OBX!

• Visited April 2013