“Let's talk about the seafood buffett”
Review of Carolina Seafood - CLOSED

Carolina Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Let's talk about the seafood buffett”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Most everything is what my kids call freezer food. You pull a bag or a box out of the freezer and cook it. Fried, pre-packaged food I can get almost anywhere, so that why I gave them an average. I wouldn't go out of my way to get that kind of food.

The beer was fairly warm and food a little too cool. Not a good mix. There are much better places to eat in the OBX.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank TracyRiggio

Charleston, West Virginia
“Don't let the Looks of the Building decide for you”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Going to the outerbanks for years, always ate at other seafood buffets, this place just didn't have the look, but was we fooled, the price amazing, the food the best seafood on the banks for buffet crab legs amazing... we went 2 times that week.....

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dee S
Gallatin, TN
“STAY AWAY!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

DISGUSTING! Don't waste your time or your money. When you walk in, you're assaulted with the smell of fish....and not in a good "mmmm, seafood" kind of way...more like a "yuck, I hate the smell of bait and tackle shops" kind of way. The sharks would turn away if this seafood were used as chum. The clams were rubbery, the scallops were salty and the salmon was extremely dry. The salad bar offerings were equally bad. You would think it impossible to ruin iceberg lettuce, but they manage. The mac & cheese tasted as though they open a jar of nacho cheese and stir in some cooked macaroni. One of our party was sick before we left the restaurant and two others got sick shortly thereafter.

Though the waitress was very attentive, she adopted a defensive attitude when I told her (after a few bites) that the food was terrible and I had chosen not to eat it. Two others in our party also informed her that the food was terrible. The owner took the price of two dinners off our tab (out of a party of 14) and gave us a scolding on the way out for not having informed our server of the problem (which we did, see previous paragraph) and then blamed us for not liking the food! Overall this was a miserable experience, one I certainly won't repeat and definitely don't recommend

3 Thank goodwitch65
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The worst place I have ever eaten.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is hands down the worst place I have ever eaten in my life. The place was outdated, the staff very rude and angry when they asked, "how was everything", and we told them what we thought of the food.
The food was a crime against seafood, over cooked, over fried, over battered, swimming in a buttery fluid substance under heat lights. A great place to breed bacteria, and in fact some of the shrimp and crawdads where spoiled.
The place is way over priced, how the local municipal department of health grants them a licence to operate is a mystery. I was in a party of 14 and two of the people began to vomit on the way back to the rental. I had never been to the OBX, and I was very surprised that such a bad restaurant could operate in such a nice place. NEVER AGAIN...best advise keep your cash and don't risk your health. This place hands down gross, nasty, unhealthy, an example of how seafood should not be prepared.

3 Thank Luigi R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely horrible!!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

SAVE YOURSELF!!! Absolutely horrible food!!! Those in our party who ate from the buffet, said it was awful. . . .old, spoiled, nasty seafood, and disgusting sides. Two of us only had the salad bar. . . even the iceburg lettuce itself didn't taste right. How can you screw up salad? Congratulations Carolina Seafood Buffet, you managed it, with a vengeance! The macaroni salad was floating in some kind of mayo sauce and tasted off, as did the shredded bacon type substance, and rubber shredded cheese. Even the croutons were gross! HOW? Both of us who ate from the salad bar were vomiting after leaving the restaurant. Even worse than the food, however, was the response we received when we complained about the food. We were told that all the other customers thought the food was good. I find this very hard to believe first of all. . . but most importantly, that's an inappropriate response to basically tell the customer that they're wrong because "everyone else likes it". Classic Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsey would have a field day at this place.

2 Thank Stephanie R