“I'd give a negative 5 stars if I could” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mako Mikes

Mako Mikes
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mako Mike's menu has something delicious for every palate featuring: fresh outer banks seafood, filets, chicken, pork, veal, pasta dishes, salads, chowders, delicious appetizers, and wood oven pizzas made in our authentic Italian wood burning oven! One of the most dynamic menus of all Outer Banks restaurants.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“I'd give a negative 5 stars if I could”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The attempt at food here is very unsuccessful. I was only able to eat one bite of my pasta dish it was so terrible. My husband verified this assessment after he tasted the dish too. His food was barely palatable as well. It took a long tome to get the food when it was not particularly busy, and yes I know that great fresh food typically takes a bit to prepare, this being the exception to that rule. Our waitress never came to check on us in a reasonable amount of time so we didn't have the option to send our food back to the kitchen without another long wait for less than mediocre food. We still paid the $50 bill for food we could not eat which was basically robbery. STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE!

• Visited June 2013

ELKTON
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Food and service was great. Enjoyed the seafood and the carrot cake was wonderful. Our whole group was pleased with their dinner.One had a steak that he was pleased with. Place could use a facelift. Tables a little too close together. Convenient location. Reasonably priced.

Visited September 2013
“Won't eat here again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff. Over-priced for undercooked tuna steaks. Husband was sick to his stomach all night and the following day....I can't say for sure it was their food but he was fine before and no problems at any other restaurant. For the same money we spent there we got much better food and atmosphere at other places.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kharmah21
New Hampshire
“Not as advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had good intentions for our seafood night out. Sizeable wait for 3 people. We decided to wait in the gift shop. I was browsing when a hostess literally pushed me out of the way of oncoming wheelchair. All she had to do was say excuse me. This older attitude queen needs to find a different career path or retire. Our waitress was fabulous and did her best even though we were her only table in the bar. She had tables in 3 rooms. Seems management could be better organized and retool some things.

Tiny tank with no real shark. Kids meal did not get its shark tooth as advertised. Just ok food that filled the empty spot. I suspect my fish was not the most fresh based on smell and flavor. We won't be back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank missrenees
Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood.. small fish tank..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went for an early dinner at Mako Mikes, because it is supposed to be a kid friendly restaurant.

We were the only people there at 4-430pm, which was great. Got a seat on the upstairs section which was nice but it is dark in there!

We expected to see a huge fish tank, but only a small one existed. The sharks on the walls were cool.

Our waitress was very nice and came back often.

Pros:
- Great crab
- Lots of bread/cornbread

Cons:
- The kid sized milk was 2.95!!!!!!!!! And it came in a glass cup with a lid over it! We have a 14 month old. Glass?! Are you kidding me? I also hate when restaurants do not have bendable straws.
- The atmosphere was not as kid friendly as expected definitely disappointed.
- Gift shop in the restaurant. No need to tempt kids haha
- Also note that on the receipt, there were different tip charts giving for 15, 18, and 22 percent! I just assumed it was 20 but no it was 22! So our waitress got a really nice tip.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles