All reviews rocking chairs rooms are basic full size kitchen bells and whistles an amazing ocean view nothing fancy literally steps pots pans across the street mom and pop chain hotels new carpet first floor enjoy the view large room a great stay coffee pot
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I came for a minimoon and we love this place. Linda was so sweet at check in. Location is perfect, rooms are comfortable and the 1 min walk to the beach is great.
We will be back.
We love OBX and is now "our" place.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
LindaS9474, Manager at Outer Banks Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

It was great meeting you both. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night when we arrived to the Outer Banks early. Older motel but was nice. The people that work here were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and ocean front. Easy to get to the beach. Only tough thing was the huge step to get into the room. I’m sure it’s there to help prevent flooding but it is a big step.
I would recommend this place if you’re looking for an ocean front motel that’s clean and priced fairly.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I hesitate to give this location a poor rating because the staff on site is truly AMAZING!!! From front desk to housekeeping to grounds maintenance staff, everyone was super welcoming and tried to be so accommodating throughout our stay. So my poor rating is no reflection on the people working there at all. And if being about 100 steps from the ocean shore is most important to you, then this may still be a place for you. We had never been able to stay ocean front before so we thought this feature would be worth it. The actual rooms however need SO MUCH UPDATING, and I don't mean just a new coat of paint!!! I read reviews before booking and everyone that said this place was nothing fancy was absolutely right. And we really didn't need fancy but did need to feel like everything was clean and in an acceptable condition for living. I read the story of the history of the motor lodge and I would have expected the new owner would have liked to make her parents proud by maintaining the place truly updated with more than just a flat screen TV, and not just patched up. We had water stains on the ceiling of our room...the carpet was dark brown so who knows the condition it was really in (kept shoes on entire time)...the bathroom had nowhere to put anything at all, had to bring in a chair from the kitchen table to be able to put our things somewhere besides the floor, and then you could hardly move in there...shower head/pressure was good but the tub was peeling and rusty...kitchen sink was rusted over, we would not have even dreamed of using the cooking utensils and pots/pans. And the container that is provided to fill with water to put by your door to rinse your feet (so you don't track in sand) had the dish drainer INSIDE OF IT on the kitchen shelf! YUK!!! Couldn't use the closet, foul odor in there would have made all of our things stink...made me start sneezing just by opening the door to check it out! The room door did not seal well so we could clearly smell the cigarette smoke from the guy next door who was constantly smoking on the porch, which meant we were never able to enjoy the scenery by sitting on rockers there. That was a bummer! I can't say it was actually dirty, but I was so uncomfortable with the conditions that I was never able to relax while in the room and couldn't wait to leave. And unfortunately, you have to pay in full at arrival so you're stuck! Maybe that's why they do that. Parking is not abundant so if you go out and return later in the evening, it's tough to find a space near to your room location. So much for a vacation that you wait and save up all year to be able to get away! Will never return!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank beatricem673
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We like to find older motel type accommodations while on bike trips that are in walking distance to food and drink. This was a gem. We were put up in a very large room with three queen beds so we could all hang out together. It had beach front views as well. The bathroom needs a new shower faucet and the tub needs work. There is a great restaurant, Miller’s, right across the street as well. They look pretty well booked up during tourist season so I would make reservations next time.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 789billd
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Today is our last day here, and I don’t want to go! Our room is right across from the pool! The room is small, but you’re at the beach... you are only here to sleep and shower! If you are wanting bells and whistles, this is not your place, but if you want a great location with tons of friendly staff, then this is right up your alley! The bed is comfortable, the room is clean, and did I mention the beach is literally right here?! We will definitely be back!! Thank you, for an amazing little getaway!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple