“Older but great customer service”
Review of Outer Banks Inn

Outer Banks Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night for the Flying Pirate Half. We checked in immediately and was greeted by a friendly young man. We told him that we were here for the race. We were offered a welcome bag (bottle of water and granola bar) with a nice note from the hotel. They also informed us that we could check-out at noon which was enough time for us to run, enjoy the after party and go back for a quick shower before hitting the road. The hotel is older but very clean. The walls are thin and we heard our neighbors throughout the night. Normally this wouldn't bother me but with a 4:30 wake up, I was up a lot. However, this would not prevent me from coming back...just next time, I'll bring ear plugs. It was a perfect location for us-just minutes from the finish line. Not too far from the beach but if you are carrying a lot of stuff, you would most likely need to drive. Again, the customer service stood out for both of us which overshadowed the thin walls and why I rated it a 5.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeeDee W
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I truly appreciate the kind words and will be sure to share with the staff. I am truly blessed with a great team. I do want to mention that we have a shuttle to take guests to the beach, so that is always an option as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Can't say enough nice things about the Outer Banks Inn! The staff were some of the best I've ever encountered at a motel--extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable (great restaurant recommendations). The rooms aren't fancy, but they're clean and have everything you need--fridge, microwave, hair dryer, etc. Continental breakfast had a lot to choose from, and the 3:00pm cookies were a favorite of the two 6-year-olds we were with! They offer a shuttle service to the beach, but it's no more than a 4-5 minute walk if you're not lugging tons of beach paraphernalia. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela M

Angela, I appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear our staff took good care of you and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Our group (mutiple rooms) stayed for two (2) nights, Friday and Saturday during OBX Bike Week. The room was clean and had a microwave and mini fridge. They had plenty of parking and wonderful staff. The location is very close to Nags Head. Seems to be a quiet area. We'll be back next year☺

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

We sincerely appreciate your kind words. If you come back before next year make sure to check our seasonal specials and returning guest discounts.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very pleased with our 2 night stay. Room was extremely clean and in very good condition, very friendly staff. Lona at the front desk was absolutely delightful, helpful and accommodating. Beau was also very pleasant. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Joyce I sincerely appreciate the feedback and letting me know about Lana and Beau. I will certainly let them know you mentioned their names. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

One of the older motels in OBX. Staff accommodated us with easy access room and king bed. Bed was comfortable, but too close to the wall for getting out of bed. Room had a peculiar odor but after we turned on the A/C it cleared some. Very noisy guests above us. A lot of stomping around. Guest in room next to us very noisy until wee hours of the morning. Complained to destt and they apparently confronted the guests to quite down. Other than the noise it was an okay room for the price of $149 for two nights special.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I am very happy to hear our front desk staff was able to assist with the noise issues. Sometimes this does occur in a vacation area such as Outer Banks. We work hard to address these issues quickly and effectively. Thank you so much for your feedback and do hope you would consider us again in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The bathroom was dirty but the rest of the hotel was clean. The staff was very nice and attentive. I was fearful having two young boys, who can be loud at times, that we would disturb the other guests but all turned out ok. The hotel is close to everything and very convenient.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

I apologize that your bathroom was not up to standard and will certainly talk with housekeeping. We inspect each room after it is cleaned so this should never be the case. I am glad to hear that you and your boys enjoyed your trip and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went for a 2 night / 3 day getaway with a friend. I got a great deal from Travel Zoo for $99 for two nights. It's a small hotel and older but very clean and in good repair. The rooms are very nice and my bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location within walking distance to the beach, shopping and restaurants. Unfortunately the housekeeping staff starts running the vacuums early in the morning and talk to each other in their outside voices in the hallway disturbing my sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine, it's very noisy and distracting.