“Great location, friendly staff!”
Review of Outer Banks Inn

Outer Banks Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
“Great location, friendly staff!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here on our trip around the OBX. Katie was very helpful in booking our room before we headed out on our trip and was just as helpful when we were checking out the morning we left. The room was very clean and quiet. The blackout curtains were perfect for sleeping in. We had leftovers from dinner and were pleased to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room. We did not use the pool (did not have time) but plan on using it our next stay (weather permitting). The inn is just down the street from great restaurants, the Wright Brother's memorial and the town of Monteo. I loved waking up and being able to walk down the hall to the lobby for breakfast as well.

Room Tip: First floor all the way! Easy access to the pool, parking and lobby.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angela Y
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Angela, thank you so much for the kind words. I will certainly pass this along to the staff. We hope you are able to return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

located a block from the beach with a great straff this id an excellent value and is in a very continent location. I don't do stairs well and we were quickly moved to a first floor room near the parking lot that solved the problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank charlie525
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while you were with us. I will certainly share your comments with the staff.
Altamont
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Outer Banks Inn. The staff were all great. Josh, Katie, Eric, Emily, Gale. They steered us in the right direction for restaurants and activities. We definitely would stat there again. Our room was fine. The beach was extremely close. The price was right!

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor which was good location for us.
1 Thank Edward W
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am certainly blessed with a wonderful staff. We all hope to see you again soon.
Nashville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My fiancé and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to the Outer Banks (we live near Raleigh) and from the moment I called the hotel to see if there were rooms available, the customer service was nothing but excellent. Emily at the front desk was super helpful and accommodating. And when we had an issue with the phone in the room, Richard from the maintenance staff tended to the issue right away. He was also very conveniently available to drive the shuttle to the beach as soon as we asked to go. While the room was pretty standard and not too much to write home about, every other aspect of the experience was wonderful for an impromptu get-away! We even extended our trip another day because of the great service. I especially recommend this time of year (early fall) for an outer banks visit, due to very comfortable weather, and a less busy, more laid back environment.

1 Thank Sarah N
Sarah I couldn't agree more that the fall is the best time of year in this area. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided great service while you were here. We certainly hope you are able to return soon.
Summerville
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Awesome place for the money compared to every where else around. Great clean room. Great customer service! All the other places around even the older places are priced 20-40 dollars a night more for the same experience. Keep the prices low and I will definitely be back for a longer trip next year.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank prevost3
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do hope to see you again very soon.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a chance for a quick 3-day getaway to the Outer Banks earlier this week. We chose the Outer Banks Inn based on the recommendation of some relatives that live in that area. Wow, what a great experience! The hotel is central to everything that we wanted to do while we were there, only about a block off the beach (and they offer a "stretch cart" shuttle to get you and your beach gear there and back!), our room was 10x better than the last hotel we stayed at in KDH, and the staff was super-friendly, conversational, and helpful! A big shout out to Kira, Rich, and Hagen...thanks for the great experience! We can't wait to come back in October!

Room Tip: If I were you, I would simply ask the front desk for their advice...they took GREAT care of my girlf...
2 Thank michael f
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I certainly appreciate the kind words and letting me know which staff members went the extra mile. I sincerely hope you are able to return soon.
North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I depend on Trip Advisor reviews when I travel and this was no exception. We decided on a last-minute getaway to the Outer Banks and found this wonderful boutique hotel with lots of praise from fellow travelers and it had 2 vacancies. We are very satisfied with our choice. This inn was very clean and quiet. The staff was super friendly and helpful. They provided wonderful informative answers to any questions. And the continental breakfast was more than adequate, with cereals, fruit, a wide variety of pastries and breads, and beverages. I especially appreciated the availability of bottled water and when the bottled water was gone the staff quickly replenished it. The reviewer who complained about the room sizes (he exaggerated the smallness of the size of the rooms) should stay in a $500/night hotel. The decor is dated and the bathrooms could be updated but , for the cost, this was a great find. Our room was very, very quiet and its location is terrific. We'll return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was in the middle of the second floor (there are only three floors) and it was extremely qu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have made some changes to the bathrooms including new granite sinks however more improvements should be in the making for this off season. We certainly hope you are able to return soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,100 reviews
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,163 reviews
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,405 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Outer Banks Inn? Share your experiences!