“Cute hotel great shuttle service”
Review of Outer Banks Inn

Outer Banks Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
“Cute hotel great shuttle service”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel July 13th and 14th (2 nights) and really enjoyed the room. It was very clean and had plenty of towels for us to use. They even provided special towels for us to use at their pool. All the staff were super friendly and helped us when I requested blankets. They helped us with suggestions on places to eat. The shuttle service was so convent really liked that! The pool was perfect for the evenings after a day of the beach or sightseeing. I hope to stay again when we go to nags head again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank rjk101214
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We encourage all guests to pick our brains for the best local spots. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The outer banks inn was a great place to stay during our visit to the outer banks. We were there from 7/8 to 7/12/12. From day one, the staff was very courteous, helpful and available to make sure our stay was a pleasant experience. The staff gave great suggestions for local dining spots (thank you Sarah for suggesting the Firefly Restaurant ....it was awesome!) And Joshua the general manager went above and beyond to ensure our first vacation to the outer banks was memorable. When a slight problem came up, Joshua was quick to resolve the issue well beyond what we expected. I cannot say enough good things about the outer banks inn. We loved it so much, that we're already planning another stay there really soon. Funny story. Last night my son asked, "is this the last night before we go home?" When I answered yes, he replied "ohhh, I wish it was the first night ". The kid friendly environment, courteous staff and cleanliness of the inn them a great choice for anyone planning a trip to the beautiful outer banks.

Room Tip: The delux double room is very spacious.
2 Thank Sarah W
Joshua R, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Sarah - All of us here at the Outer Banks Inn appreciate your kind words. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon. We like to think of everyone as family.
Brook Park, Ohio
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a great, clean, new place to stay in the Outer Banks. Being from Ohio, I was clueless as to where to go, what to eat and what to avoid. Wonderful staff with a great knowledge of the area. We (13 of us, to be exact) stayed at the Inn and the staff guided us to some of the best food and service we have had in years. They were overly accomodating to us for all the "little" travel things we had forgotten to bring for the trip. If they did not have it they steared us to a place that did. They even have a golf cart to take you to the beach and drop you off - when you are done, simply call on your cell and they come back to pick you up! Can't wait to go back to OBX again and will ABSOLUTELY STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: we had 4 rooms on 2 different floors and were totally satisfied with all of them.
2 Thank Colleen J
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
The key to the Outer Banks a lot of times is where to go so that you get the most out of your trip. I am glad to hear the staff was able to give the direction you desired. I hope you are able to return soon and encourage you to watch our website for the most current specials.
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have mixed reviews about this hotel. I wanted stay on the beach and was told when making my reservation that it was on the beach. When I arrived at 11pm, I was having a hard time finding it because it was located on the business road and not on the beach road. They do not put any effort towards providing the continental breakfast as advertised. Same skim milk and apples from the day before was offered the following day. For the price, I feel that the breakfast should have been a continental breakfast, the towels could have been a bit thicker and the sheets a bit softer. The room was clean and the staff was nice. The manager of the hotel was also nice.

1 Thank L C
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I sincerely apologize that you were lead to believe our property was beach front. We work very hard to be as informative as possible and not to mislead anyone. We do have a beach shuttle that takes our guests to the beach due to the fact that we are not. I also fully understand your feelings with regard to our breakfast. Improving our breakfast is my top priority and can ensure within the next few weeks this will be corrected. I would love to personally invite you to call me as I would love to offer you a special to return to the Outer Banks Inn at your convenience.
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had to check out of the Quality Inn as our reservation was up. (thank God, place was not up to my standards). We needed to find a place for one more night. OBX Inn was very clean and def up to my standards. The Holiday Inn Xpress recommended this hotel to us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoAnn Z
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Holiday Inn is our sister property and so glad to hear they sent you to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
stafford va
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at the Outer Banks Inn for one night on June 30, 2012. We had hoped to find something closer to the beach, but access was still easy and there was plenty of parking at the beach as well as a shower. We didn't use the shuttle. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool area was also very clean. There is a nice outdoor changing room where you can change out of your wet bathing suit before your trip home. This is very convenient if you check out of your room early and head to the beach like we did. The biggest disappointment was breakfast. We were told when we checked in that there would be a continental breakfast of cereal and fruit available until 10:00 am. This was a big plus for us so that we could grab a quick breakfast and have some time to spend at the beach. We arrived in the lobby at 9:10 and were met by other unhappy guests who said "I hope you don't want breakfast, all they have is cereal and there is no milk". I inquired at the front desk and was told by the desk clerk that they put out some milk at 6am and when it is gone, that's it. It's dry cereal or an apple. They did not supply enough milk for all guests, only the ones who came down early. No one seemed to care that there were families with hungry children expecting breakfast 50 minutes before breakfast was scheduled to end.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank donnajinsva
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed your time with us. I apologize for the disappointment with our breakfast. It is our job to ensure every aspect of your stay exceeds expectation. I am proud to announce on this topic that we are in the middle of improving our breakfast altogether to include hot items and larger containers to ensure our area remains well stocked. I hope you will join us again on your next trip to the Outer Banks.
New Market, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

OBX Inn was recommended by a local friend that saw the newly reopened sign, and told me about it. I booked one night, single room, and was pleasantly surprised! I found my accommodations to be just what I required! Quiet, friendly, affordable and clean! I stayed on the 3rd floor ( no elevator) and was met by a friendly employee that helped me unload my car, and carry my bags to my room. After quickly packing for my day on the beach, I was driven on the shuttle with my chair, cooler and beach bag and dropped right on the beach access. EVERYONE was extremely friendly and courteous, going out of their way to make sure my stay was a success. I plan to return this month!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kristina S
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Kristina - I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words. We look forward to seeing you when you return. As always, if we can do anything don't hesitate to let us know.