“Simply the best!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Brook Park, Ohio
“Simply the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a great, clean, new place to stay in the Outer Banks. Being from Ohio, I was clueless as to where to go, what to eat and what to avoid. Wonderful staff with a great knowledge of the area. We (13 of us, to be exact) stayed at the Inn and the staff guided us to some of the best food and service we have had in years. They were overly accomodating to us for all the "little" travel things we had forgotten to bring for the trip. If they did not have it they steared us to a place that did. They even have a golf cart to take you to the beach and drop you off - when you are done, simply call on your cell and they come back to pick you up! Can't wait to go back to OBX again and will ABSOLUTELY STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: we had 4 rooms on 2 different floors and were totally satisfied with all of them.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Colleen J
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
The key to the Outer Banks a lot of times is where to go so that you get the most out of your trip. I am glad to hear the staff was able to give the direction you desired. I hope you are able to return soon and encourage you to watch our website for the most current specials.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have mixed reviews about this hotel. I wanted stay on the beach and was told when making my reservation that it was on the beach. When I arrived at 11pm, I was having a hard time finding it because it was located on the business road and not on the beach road. They do not put any effort towards providing the continental breakfast as advertised. Same skim milk and apples from the day before was offered the following day. For the price, I feel that the breakfast should have been a continental breakfast, the towels could have been a bit thicker and the sheets a bit softer. The room was clean and the staff was nice. The manager of the hotel was also nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L C
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I sincerely apologize that you were lead to believe our property was beach front. We work very hard to be as informative as possible and not to mislead anyone. We do have a beach shuttle that takes our guests to the beach due to the fact that we are not. I also fully understand your feelings with regard to our breakfast. Improving our breakfast is my top priority and can ensure within the next few weeks this will be corrected. I would love to personally invite you to call me as I would love to offer you a special to return to the Outer Banks Inn at your convenience.
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had to check out of the Quality Inn as our reservation was up. (thank God, place was not up to my standards). We needed to find a place for one more night. OBX Inn was very clean and def up to my standards. The Holiday Inn Xpress recommended this hotel to us.

2 Thank JoAnn Z
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Holiday Inn is our sister property and so glad to hear they sent you to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
stafford va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at the Outer Banks Inn for one night on June 30, 2012. We had hoped to find something closer to the beach, but access was still easy and there was plenty of parking at the beach as well as a shower. We didn't use the shuttle. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool area was also very clean. There is a nice outdoor changing room where you can change out of your wet bathing suit before your trip home. This is very convenient if you check out of your room early and head to the beach like we did. The biggest disappointment was breakfast. We were told when we checked in that there would be a continental breakfast of cereal and fruit available until 10:00 am. This was a big plus for us so that we could grab a quick breakfast and have some time to spend at the beach. We arrived in the lobby at 9:10 and were met by other unhappy guests who said "I hope you don't want breakfast, all they have is cereal and there is no milk". I inquired at the front desk and was told by the desk clerk that they put out some milk at 6am and when it is gone, that's it. It's dry cereal or an apple. They did not supply enough milk for all guests, only the ones who came down early. No one seemed to care that there were families with hungry children expecting breakfast 50 minutes before breakfast was scheduled to end.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank donnajinsva
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed your time with us. I apologize for the disappointment with our breakfast. It is our job to ensure every aspect of your stay exceeds expectation. I am proud to announce on this topic that we are in the middle of improving our breakfast altogether to include hot items and larger containers to ensure our area remains well stocked. I hope you will join us again on your next trip to the Outer Banks.
New Market, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

OBX Inn was recommended by a local friend that saw the newly reopened sign, and told me about it. I booked one night, single room, and was pleasantly surprised! I found my accommodations to be just what I required! Quiet, friendly, affordable and clean! I stayed on the 3rd floor ( no elevator) and was met by a friendly employee that helped me unload my car, and carry my bags to my room. After quickly packing for my day on the beach, I was driven on the shuttle with my chair, cooler and beach bag and dropped right on the beach access. EVERYONE was extremely friendly and courteous, going out of their way to make sure my stay was a success. I plan to return this month!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kristina S
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Kristina - I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words. We look forward to seeing you when you return. As always, if we can do anything don't hesitate to let us know.
Portsmouth, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I heard about this hotel from a coworker and I can't thank them enough. It feels brand new but I was told it was recently totally renovated. I met the manager Josh and he along with his staff went out of their way to make my stay just perfect. They seemed to do that for every guest. When I was trying to carry my beach chair, cooler, towels ect to the beach they offered me a ride in the beach shuttle and all I had to do was text the manager to be picked up when I was ready. I don't think anyone else does this in the outer banks. I will be back!

Room Tip: This Inn is not on the beach but with the beach shuttle it doesn't matter. The shuttle will eve...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LizzPortsmouth
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Lizz - We are glad you enjoyed your staff and look forward to your next visit.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked a room for a one-night stay the week of June 18, 2012 with no intel about if this was a good place or not a good place. In other words, we took a gamble. But the price was reasonable, and we could accommodate our family of 5 in one room. We were most pleasantly surprised. The place had just re-opened having gone through a substantial renovation. Our 3rd floor room (you have to take one of two flights of stairs, one inside, one outside...no elevator) was large, clean and well-appointed. We had two double beds and a sofa bed. Everything in the room (even the flat-screen TV) appeared to be brand new. AC worked great. There is wireless Internet (which we used) and a small swimming pool (which we didn't have time to use). All of the employees we encountered were amazingly friendly and helpful. We used the inn's golf-cart shuttle to go to the beach (which is about 1/4 mile away). Continental breakfast was not spectacular, but it was adequate: fresh apples & oranges, a variety of cereals, danish pastries, juice, coffee. For the price the inn charges, I can't complain.

We personally like staying at locally-owned, non-chain places. There's more personality. Things were clean, orderly and our entire family kept commenting that if we had the venue, we'd like to let others know about this small gem. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. One of the managers who ferried us to the beach told us that they'd only reopened about two weeks prior to our arrival, and that virtually everything was new; the building had basically been stripped to the walls. New paint, new carpet, new beds, new boardwalks and ramps. Only thing that didn't appear new was the stairs on the north side of the building. I suppose things could go downhill fast, but for us, this was a fantastic place to stay. I wish it could have been longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307, and we didn't see any other rooms. Our room was very quiet. It was kind...
, General Manager at Outer Banks Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Kent - We are glad you took a gamble on us! Hopefully you can use the pool on your next trip down. I appreciate your kind words and hope that you will stay with us again the next time you come down. Within the next few weeks we should have our new breakfast concept complete which will include hot items and more variety.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,069 reviews
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,340 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Outer Banks Inn? Share your experiences!