“yummy”

Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
kill devil hills
“yummy”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Went here with my family yesterday for lunch and had the fresh spinach enchiladas. They were fantastic! Probably the best thing on the menu as we have eaten here a lot.

Visited May 2014

Manorville, New York
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I thought the food was incredibly boring...the tortillas didn't melt in your mouth like the great Mexican restaurants I'm used to from NYC to Albuquerque. Tried to get a good margarita...tasted like koolaid...really bad...won't go back:(

• Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Mexican!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I love Mexican and this was one of our favorite Mexican restaurants! We visited the Outer Banks area for a week and ate here twice. The service was great, the drinks were good, and the food was amazing! We will definitely visit again in the future.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Guacamole!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Plaza Azteca makes fresh guacamole at your table, seasoned to your liking. For guacamole lovers, this is nirvana! The $8 cost is worth it. We also enjoyed the entrees. I had spinach enchiladas, which had a wonderful green sauce on them . My companion had the lobster enchilada, and said it was fantastic. No room for dessert. Thus was my second visit to Azteca--having tried a number of Mexican restaurants in the Outer Banks over the years, I think I can say this one is the best.

• Visited April 2014
edwards, Ny
“customer service????”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We always try to find some authentic mexican food on vacations, and thought this sounded good. Great decor, and a friendly greeter, so far so good. The menu had lottsa good mexican dishes, and some "gringo" food too. I ordered the chimie's, as it says meat & cheese on the menu (my usual dish when eating mexican). I am allergic to onions, so meat & cheese is perfect. Well everything had onions in it. We brought this to the attention of the waiter who didn't speak english well enough to understand the issue. A waitress help translate for him, then he informs us that EVERYTHING has onions....no matter what you order, but would I like something else (with onions in it)?? Really? I sent my plate away and didn't eat. When my wife was finished (she enjoyed her meal by the way- over $30 for hers w/ 1 house magarita)- only when paying the bill did the manager offer to help, apparently there are items without onions.The manager tried the "disclaimer" route, for gluten & peanuts....not really a convincing argument. I have these (chimie's) often when we go out for mexican, so I know what they usually come with. He (the mamager) finally offered to have a plate made for me (without onions), but at that point we'd had all of the place we wanted. Had the manager gotten involved earlier, or the waiter understood the english language better, we could have had a nice dinner experience. We certainly won't be back there again....to much good food around OBX to deal with this.

Visited April 2014