“Awful!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went there for the first time as I did not feel like driving to La Fogata. I am a local here, and I have always gone to La Fogata, should have done that tonight. Plaza Azteca was AWFUL! Do not eat here if you want good tortillas, tasteful meats, and good prices. I spent 30 dollars on a meal that tasted like sewage. The beef was to salty to eat, the tortillas were a soggy mess, the mushrooms had a real funky taste to them. Completely unedible. I will continue going to La Fogata, never had a bad thing there yet.

There are newer reviews for Plaza Azteca

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Lived in the OBX for six years, and never been before. This place was awesome it's march and they still were very busy (great sign) and there was a mariachi band!?! The atmosphere was excellent the band would move around the restaurant and play different requested songs. Oh! cant forget about the 32oz Beers mugs!! We even had guacamole made fresh, table side! I was extremely pleased, and I will most definately return.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Family visit...had a variety of things, the tableside guacamole was the best, definately get that. Had the fajitaz Vallarta, awesome, so much food, had enough left over for complete lunch the next day.
Everything tasted fresh, made to order, service was great, super friendly. Will definately continue to go back again and again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My family & I enjoyed this place so much that we go often. Sometimes we go for a snack in the midddle of the day. Their mixed nachos are yummy and probably our favorite. You get your money's worth. Very family friendly.

1  Thank Peggy L
Reviewed January 27, 2013

First, TA has the address incorrect...it is 1502 at about milepost 9 on the bypass in Kill Devil Hills.
Second, I don't particularly like Mexican food so this review should taken with that in mind since I was the one to suggest we go there twice in the last 2 weeks.

The service is friendly, efficient and fast. Wife and I went there for lunch last week and tonight for dinner. Food and service both times were very good. At lunch the couple at the next table ordered the fresh guacamole and it was made right there at there table from fresh avocados. ...bit pricy I think but looked good in the preparation.
I had fajitas both times and the chicken fajitas for lunch were very good and very generous portions. For dinner we had the Texas combo shrimp, chicken and beef fajitas and there was enough food for of us to share and feel satisfied. The taco chips and dip are great and the mugs of beer are HUGE. Seeing various dishes on other tables as we were leaving made me want to go there again and become even more adventurous.
I will recommend this restaurant to my family members when they visit and don't quite understand the problems others have seen/experienced at this place