“Pretty cool find actually”

Avalon Fishing Pier
Reviewed November 7, 2012

So its a long pier lined and packed with local fisherman. Its entertaining to watch them pull in one large trout after another (an amazing amount of fish caught), watch the seagulls flocking around and see up and down the beach. Its $1 to walk out on it.
At the beginning of the pier is a large indoor arcade. The cool part of this is that its retro to the 1970-80s and pretty much untouched - many of the games don't work but some do and they'll remind you of your childhood if you are middle aged.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

It is an original fishing pier with an old school arcade which we liked! It did cost $1.00 per person to walk on. Not sure how I feel about having to pay to walk on a pier. Guess i see how they would need to charge. We went on it during hurricane Sandy Oct 2012. It was an amazing view. the pier would move a little when the big waves came in!! I would recommend going!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We wanted to check the place out before we tried fishing the next day. They looked at us like we were alien invaders when I asked how it worked. Most of the video games were broken and a bunch of drunks were hanging out around the pool tables.
I'm a biker and I like scummy, this was pretty bad.

5  Thank artie69
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice place to have fun for the entire family. Go fishing, play in the arcade and enjoy something to snack on all in one place. And don't forget it's right on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you have small children visit one of the other piers. If you want to see what the bottom feeders of our lovely community do with their free time, then I would recommend visiting Avalon Pier.

6  Thank ObxtoLbi