Asked for an oceanfront room and got one with a king sized bed on the first floor. Looking out the door was a path through the dunes to the beach. Couldn't actually see the water, but that happens with sand dunes, so no big deal. One hundred steps or so and we are on the beach. This hotel has been here for a long time. It has been renovated and upgraded more than once, but it will never be "modern." That's okay though, because I like it the way it is. It has wooden floors in the lobby that creak a little when you walk and a fireplace and sofas and low ceilings and such. If this were in Europe, people would call it quaint and gush over its charming qualities, but since it is in America some fools will call it old and shabby. It may be old but it isn't shabby, and for about $85 a night (tax and all) I was quite happy with what I got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn