I got a decent price on a room so I booked a night. Staff is on point, room is clean. I could not see the ocean from my room, and that seemed misleading to have Oceanfront in the name, when it is only oceanfront by a technicality. I understand only dunes are in the way, and it is not a long walk. However, I have stayed in many rooms with an ocean view and I just expected one. I should have read more reviews so it is my fault for being in a hurry. The location is great if you are there and want to see the local attractions. I recommend walking through the gardens around town hall on the way the the Wright Brothers Memorial.
Hotel is dated, room was small, which kind of falls in line with the rest of the buildings in the area. Wireless internet was in and out, but all around slow. I happen to provide tech support for internet in vacation homes by profession, and I was just happy it worked at all. I did not try the data connection on the room phone.
If you are looking for beautiful beach scenery go north or south on the OBX.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nominated in 2009 by Days Inn as 1 of their 10 Finalists for Best Property of the Year (for a hotel with 75 rooms or less). Oceanfront property with expanded complimentary continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt & more. All rooms and suites are smoke free. Afternoon refreshments served from 4-6 pm. Microwave/refrig, coffeemaker, & hi speed wireless internet available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn