“Very enjoyable Winter getaway.”

Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Traveling for business and decided to slip over to the Outer Banks and spend a cold January night. With no planning in advance we checked trip advisor and saw this place. It was our good fortune. A fire in the lobby fireplace, complimentary warm cider and cookies, and a very friendly staff made it great. It oddly had the feel of a ski lodge on the beach. The place appears older. It is well maintained and clean. It has been suitably updated. Only negative was noise from upstairs. Good internet service. Great location on the beach near the Wright Bros park. They were aware it was January and properly reflected that in the rates. I would go back this weekend and sit by the fire if I could.

• Stayed: January 2013
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We're very happy that you decided to take a little side trip to the Outer Banks and that you chose us for your stay. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the fire is still going! We made a conscious effort to keep our lobby in the Olde Nags Head style, so the flooring is original as well as most of the other wood in the lobby---it's something completely different from other properties on the Outer Banks. Many people tell us they feel like they're in a lodge instead of a hotel especially in the winter months.

We hope that you will be able to come and visit again another time and please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay! Thank you, Tonia

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Hotel is quaint, cozy and a maybe 25-50 steps and you are on the beach. Was able to cook in my room, with stove full size refrigerator and microwave. Just Loved it, and the Lobby is cozy with fireplace burning and homemade cookies and hot apple cider for guest.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you enjoyed the Outer Banks Wedding Expo while you were here--I know you said you enjoyed your dinner while here. We hope to see you again soon and if you are able to return please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay! Thank you! Tonia

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were initally hooked by the idea of being on the beach, but this stop was much more. Uon entering, we spotted the lobby fireplace with a warming cozy fireplace. Our initial greeting by Zack, our desk clerk, was warm and charming. He was helpful about where to go and what to see and do.
Our room was a converted king to a king suite. this meant that a wall was removed and converted two rooms to one to include a kitchen/ lining/dining room. Most importantly, it created 2 exits to the room-- from the hall and the outside parking lot. Comfortable, clean, and a good location.
WE are so delighted we came upon this gem.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easy access if you have trouble with steps.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments concerning your stay at our Days Inn Oceanfront. We are sol pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will make sure Zack sees your comments too! We hope that you are able to visit the Outer Banks again soon and please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay! Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The facility is older has been around for many years. Each time we visit it's cleanliness and fireplace continue to be an enjoyment to us. We were sent to the local Y for pool and fitness center. Y is located only 3 miles away is beautiful . Breakfast was wonderful and in a restful breakfast room. Cider and cookies were enjoyed in afternoon. Nice clean spot to get away and located on the ocean.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently on your visit to the Outer Banks! We appreciate your returning to visit with us over and over--we love our repeat guests! I'm very proud that you continue to enjoy your stay with us and we appreciate your lovely comments. The next time you visit please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay! Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very dissatisfied. Our room had a weird smell to it. When we left the door open the smell went away for a little while. Housekeeping never cleaned our bathroom during our entire stay. I became ill during our stay and had to leave 1 night early. They would not give me a refund of any kind, not even a partial credit. I even asked to pay a late check out fee. Apparently they don't have those. When I contacted the manager after getting home, it took him about a month to finally get back to me after I had to contact Days Inn Corporate several times. He finally wrote a condescending letter to me, calling me a lyer and making things up that I never said nor did. The room wasn't worth the money I paid for it, and it definitely wasn't worth the hassle he put me through. I will never stay at another Days Inn or it's affiliates ever again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I am sorry that you feel that our manager could care less about our guests. I would be able to offer plenty of information that would show that this statement is incorrect. If anyone has any concerns about this review, I will be happy to explain the situation and our policies so that you would have more understanding. Thank you, Tonia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur? Share your experiences!