This Days Inn was offering a winter special and we went there for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. We were welcomed by a real fire in the fireplace and hot coffee, hot tea and chocolate chip cookies in the dining area. We had booked a room with a queen bed, and the motel had given us a free upgrade to a king bed. However, we really wanted a room facing the ocean. Only 4 rooms, all with double beds, have an ocean view. The desk clerk was very agreeable, and rebooked us in an ocean view room. With our AAA discount, the price was nearly the same as the room we had booked online. The receptionist was very knowledgeable about what restaurants were open in the off-season, and made some good recommendations. The breakfast was better than most Days Inns, and had egg and sausage in addition to the usual fruit, bagels, waffles, cereal, etc. The cleaning staff was very efficient. We also took advantage of the day pass at the local YMCA, which had really good equipment including weight machines, stationary bikes and treadmills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Wilbur" is an oceanfront hotel located a half mile from the Wright Brothers Memorial and features all non-smoking rooms and suites. All feature: microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker and free Wi-Fi. Our guests enjoy a hot, complimentary continental breakfast daily as well as afternoon refreshments. There is an outdoor pool on-site (open seasonally), as well as a BBQ pit and guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur Outer Banks, NC
- Kill Devil Hills Days Inn