“Wonderful”
Review of MexiCali Brewz - CLOSED

MexiCali Brewz
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Here at Mexi Cali Brewz, our goal is and has always been to serve delicious, authentic Tex-Mex cooking to our friends and neighbors using the freshest ingredients available. We aim to provide a fun, upbeat setting that makes you want to return over and over again!In our kitchen, everything is made fresh daily...even our chips and salsa! From guacamole and queso dips, to taco salads, fajitas and burritos galore, everyone is sure to find something to soothe their appetites!Of course we haven't forgotten about los ninos... the kids. Our kids menu features cheese quesadillas, beef or chicken tacos, chicken tenders with chips or a cheese pizza for those who aren't in a tex-mex mood. We also have specialty drinks available with fun souvenirs TOGO.When it comes to nightlife, Mexi Cali Brewz has quickly become the place to be! With nightly drink specials, live music and DJs, we always have something to look forward too! Don't forget about our yard parties! Come chill with us in the back yard... knock a few back and throw a game of cornhole!
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My sister and I loved this restaurant. Great food and even better drinks!! Definitely stop by this great restaurant.

2  Thank McTrudes

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I had such a good time at "MEXI'S" (as it's called by the locals)
We started off the night with a great dinner, from there we played cornhole outside in the yard. The drinks were flowing freely as the band started. This place had it all. We were gonna check out other places but there was no need to go anywhere else. The friendly staff made or entire week great, by the end of our stay we were already looking forward to renting a place closer next year.

3  Thank Live4aliving
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The Grateful Dead theme is kind of stupid, but that's just personal taste. Guacamole isn't made from fresh avocados, but from some kind of pre-made base. That was the biggest disappointment. Salsa is tasteless. Queso is basically melted velveeta (which I actually kind of like). Rice is just plain white rice, not mexican, and the black beans similarly had no seasoning. Margarita was fine.

1  Thank Travelatrix_191
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My husband, friend and I went here while staying at Colony IV by the Sea. It was wonderful! The ingredients seemed very fresh. The margaritas were great and not overpriced. My husband had the fish tacos and said they were some of the best he had ever had. I had the black bean salad with cilantro-lime vinagrette. They had a bunch of vegetarian options which I appreciate. We will definately be back the next time we are in the Outer Banks!

1  Thank NCpss25
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We went into this supposedly renevated restaurant, only to see not much has changed. It still takes the Bartender an hour just to get you a drink, she walks really slow or should I say she waddled. The food was over priced for what on the menu is each item is the same items with a different name. they said a costa rican menu, NOT at all, maybe they are trying to convince people it is Costa Rican it is NOT. And what a disgusting place we saw roaches while we were there, and the bathroom looks like it is over-publicly used, toilet paper every where, as the bored bartender stood there, hey waddling blonde girl, go clean up your bathroom if you are gonna let everyone use it. Nasty. I suggest to everyone GO SOMEPLACE ELSE TO EAT. We asked around and heard nothing but negative remarks about this restaurant as well as it's sister restaurant =Mamakwan. Even Worse! and at both places, there is not enough parking at all at night. and no where except the street.