“Sushi that's great”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Sushi that's great”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in to this Japanese place for a light late evening snack. What we had (sushi rolls (4) and Miso soup) was really wonderful. To bad this was our last night in OBX. Now we wish we had stopped sooner. Everything was very clean, staff was a great help and I am sure that all food would be as good as what we had. Everyone should try it at least once.

Visited October 2013

Jamestown, TN
“Funny and entertaining!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First off let me say that I am not a Japanese food person. I had never ate it before but decided to try it because it was my daughter's turn to pick the restaurant and this is what she wanted. She has had Japanese food before. With this being my first time, I didn't really know what to expect with any of it. I mean, I knew they would cook the food on the table in front of you and all but I had no idea that it would be so hilariously funny as it was. The chef was very entertaining and had us all constantly laughing. I think he was the highlight of the meal. The food was pretty good. I had hibachi steak with the rice (and don't forget the yum yum sauce lol). The yum yum sauce is delicious. The steak itself was kinda bland but it may be because I'm used to steaks being cooked either over open fire, charcoal, etc. The rice with the yum yum sauce and the chef kinda made up for that. Would go again.

• Visited October 2013
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is everything you could want in hibachi. Fun, playful chefs and really good food. Huge portions, too, even for the kids menu. We went early as we didn't want to wait with two little kids. Had a great time.

Visited August 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Not a great experince, but could be good”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a larger group of 12 for dinner, including 5 younger kids. We called ahead, and were told they could seat us in 30 minutes, which was perfect, as we were driving from South Nags Head. We arrived and we seated promptly. We quickly noticed it was very hot in the restaurant. We asked the hostess if it could be cooled, and were told it was as cool as possible. It was 82 degrees in the restaurant. We then asked the waiter, and he informed us the AC had blown earlier in the day, and would not be fixed until the next day. I understand these things happen, but we should have been told this when called for reservation. The little kids were so hot, they could not sit still, and became agitated. When the cook arrived, he put on a great show, although a bit loud. He was entertaining, and definitely tried to engage the kids. But again, given the environment, they were not interested. The food was terrific. The fried rice was some of the best I have ever had. We ordered chicken, new your strip, filet, scallops, and shrimp. It was all fantastic, except for the shrimp…which never arrived. A number of people ordered shrimp with their meals, and the chef completely missed, even after confirming numerous times on the order. The manager and chef were extremely apologetic, and made some amends on the bill, but nothing too generous. Given the temperature of restaurant, would have thought would have been a bit more generous. Would I try it again, probably as the food and the show were terrific.

• Visited August 2013
Jessheim, Norway
“Entertaining and electric resturant”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Your sitting around the chefs cookingplate, and the chef will entertain you. The food (made on the plate)was to our liking, and the Sushi was even better. Are there places with better food - yes! is there places that cheaper - yes! Still I would love to come back for a happy and good experience. Best for larger parties/ familys 4-10 persons

• Visited July 2013