“GREAT STAY! CLEAN! PERFECT LOCATION!”

Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Pennsylvania
“GREAT STAY! CLEAN! PERFECT LOCATION!”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront was an excellent choice for my daughter and I. A beach hotel automatically gets more wear and tear then most. The room was VERY clean. The carpets were definately clean but stained. The beds were the wonderfully comfortable. We had a parking lot view but on the 3rd floor we had an excellent view of the ocean. I would not pay more for the ocean view rooms because unless you are on the 3rd floor, you are only going to see a dune. The front desk folks were absolutely terrific! The lobby is very clean and attractive and everything from the breakfast area, business center, relaxation area, pool, access to the beach is just perfect. The hotel location is perfect as well -- close to lots of restaurants and activities but not on top of them. Thanks for a great stay! I highly recomment this hotel and will come back over and over again!

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank MDBarbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My family and I booked four nights at this hotel and loved the Outer Banks so much that we decided to stay longer. When I asked the front desk attendant if it would be possible to stay in our same room, she made it happen. Throughout our stay we found the entire staff to be friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, though there were a couple of days where not everything seemed to have been completed by housekeeping, i.e. one day we did not receive new towels in the bathroom, another day we did not get any new shampoo/conditioner. The front desk staff quickly provided them. The hotel's breakfast is very good and there are a lot of choices, both hot and cold. Even after several days of breakfast in the same hotel, no one in our family complained. This hotel is in a great location, with a wooden walkway and steps right down to the beach. We did not have an oceanfront room, but we didn't feel we were missing anything as we were able to literally walk down to it at any time. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was handy for quick lunches and snacks, as well as cold beverages needed after a few hours on Kill Devil Hills' hot sandy beach or in the hotel's pool. The guest laundry consists of one washer and one dryer, but it wasn't a problem when we wanted to use it. We definitely would stay here again and recommend it to others who are looking for a great beachfront stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank StPtCooks
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I had to write this review because of all the complaints in the other reviews. My hubby and I and 2 young children stayed here for a week. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great-something for everyone and I have some picky eaters. The location was great the pool was clean and was a 2 min walk to beach. A few tips if you request 3rd floor parking view you can still see a great view of the ocean at a much lower cost. Also, I used my Sam's card and got a good discount so ask about discounts. It is a family friendly hotel and although, hotels are pricey this one was within our budget. You can't put a price on so much fun and family time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank beachbuffs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The location was awesome. Kill Devil Hills is a super laocation to stay at if you wanna see the north end and the south end of OBX. I actually like it better than Duck and Corolla because it's a single lane road to Dcuk and traffic can be and is at times really bad. The highway running through Kill Devil Hills is multi-lane so I had no issues with traffic. There's way more things happening in Kill devil Hills than the north end and the south end and it's a little nicer than Kitty Hawk. The hotel is 2 mins walking distance from the beach. it isn't well maintained. The bed, sink and bathroom was clean so I was happy about that. The rest of it not all that, it nothing to look at. I paid 355 for 2 nights which is way too much. The motel needs some updates. Staff was nice. If you wanna go there and just want a place to crash, take a shower and get out then it's fine. One problem we did have was with the toilet, it jammed up quite easily, but other than that no major issues.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kill Devil Hills hotels

Rochester
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Took my mother here for 2 night getaway. The girl at the desk was so rude I asked my mother to wait outside so as not to ruin her birthday getaway.

Booked an oceanfront room, odor was so strong my mother had difficulty breathing ( we opened the door and aired it out several hours). Dark, dingy, rooms. Chocolate syrup on our balcony furniture. I was so disappointed, I cancelled our second night and drove to the Hilton Garden Inn which is about 10 minutes drive North and was 5 star compared to this hotel. I am so glad we left!!! If you are tempted to stay here because you on a budget, it is worth it to stay off the beach at a cleaner, brighter, less moldy hotel. The Holiday Inn Express looked like a nice alternative. Good luck, enjoy your travels!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank teachersms
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Stopped at this motel in Kill Devil Hills on our cross country road

trip. We had an Ocean view. Not a big room, but it was cool and quiet.

Access to room was via elevator or stairs to the second floor.

Bathroom was clean. Staff was nice. Parking was good. Within a 2

minute drive of Wright Brothers museum, and the beach was right there.

Pool was good. Some decent restaurants nearby. We were able to get a

cot in the room. Only problem we had was getting a fourth bath towel

and wash cloth.

Room Locks: Has deadbolt.

Airconditioning: Super.

Refrigerator: Yes.

Vending and Ice machines: Yes

WIFI: Yes. With password..

Fitness Center: No.

Pool: Yes.

Jogging possibilities: Pretty good. There's a pretty decent beach road

right outside of the hotel.

Pets: No.

Staff: Very friendly and attentive.

Breakfast: Good. Bunch of Waffle makers, cereal, etc.

Complimentary Papers: USA today at the front desk.

Parking: Good.

Safety: Good. Looks like a safe place.

Brochures: Near the front desk.

Public Computers: Computers to use in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank johndsmiley
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My friend booked this hotel for couple’s summer weekend getaway after looking on Trip Advisor. I would say we had a great weekend thanks to Trip Advisor!! I love this site! But enough about that and back to the review. The location of this hotel cannot be beat as far as I can tell. It was my first trip to OBX and I have few complaints. For an inexpensive hotel option on a June weekend in the outer banks- this place was more than decent for what I was expecting. The room did smell musty but it’s a beach hotel; I’d be surprised if it didn’t. I didn’t go there to hang out in the room anyway. What I was not expecting was the amazing free breakfast! I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and selection. Also, lots of TV’s playing the World Cup! BONUS! The beds and pillows were comfy and I would stay here again. We did have a little issue with some hair clippings being left on the back porch area (NO IDEA about THAT ONE) but management was alerted and it was taken care off. Overall, it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank IndigoStar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront? Share your experiences!