“Great Stay”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills
Concord, Virginia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a week and it was great, room was clean, great access to the beach and the staff was awesome. Wee will be going back next year and looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Pretty much a view of the ocean from all rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Skeeter34
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor we appreciate you comments and input as they are important to us. We want to Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Jackie Szymanski & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Front Royal, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here July 14-17.

Staff - awesome, always seemed to want to help, whether it was local dining, towels, etc.

Lodging - was okay, the room did smell sort of musty, but coastal musty. Perhaps a dehumidifier, bit after airing the room out, we were fine. The room was clean but old, so made for a comfortable stay. The tub had a patched crack and some mold but was usable. Overall a comfortable stay close to First Flight (me) and beach (kids).

Food or breakfast, free and typical fare. I did find the coffee odd tasting, not sure, possibly the coffee machine.

Overall I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: For a good view of First Flight Pylon and ocean pick a room on the 3rd floor and on the 301-309+ ran...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 88MikeMikes
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and input as they are important to us. We also appreciate you allowing us to be of service to you.

Winterville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here June 27th and 28th. Room was recently painted and overall very clean. Only downside to room is no fan, just a/c so feels a bit muggy and some staining on carpet by door, which I am sure is a hazard of rooms at the beach and having a swimming pool. Beach access next to pool is fantastic, ramp up and just a few steps down, much easier than side by public access. We enjoyed pool as well. Breakfast is a step above the average continental fare and area is very clean and well tended. We did not have an ocean view however our request to have a first floor room was filled with a smile and a no problem at all! Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank judi103
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and input as they are important to us. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

The 2nd week of June 2014 we traveled to the Outer banks and stayed at the Quality Inn Oceanfront. We were joined by our Daughter, Son-in-law and 2 grandkids (ages 6 & 4). We had a great time!

The hotel was clean and easily accessible. We enjoyed their large pool very much (preferred by the kids) and the ocean beach was only about 100 yards or less from the pool. The beach was not super crowded for a weekend.

Room Tip: We had a room with No View meaning that you can't see the Ocean. It was fine since we weren'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and comments and a Special Thanks for allowing us to be of service to you. Hope to see you soon.

Jackie Szymanski
& Staff
Elkin, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This motel was not new but it was clean. It had everything we needed. Good breakfast each morning with lots to choose from. Pool and easy beach access. Only problem was us paying extra for an ocean front room on 2nd floor with beach view. Not a very good view for the extra money. We were with a big group of over 40 people and they attended to all of our needs quickly and pleasantly. And the beds and pillows were the most comfortable we had ever had while traveling. Wanted to take them home with me.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay extra for one of the few beachfront rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking to time to review us. We appreciate your comments and input. We hope that we can be of service to you in the near future.

Safe Travels always,
Hampton, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

My first trip to OBS was nearly ruined by this motel. The room seemed clean but very old at first. Upon closer inspection There was some type of powdered insecticide on the floor under the window (I have a small child) and the selves in the refrigerator were very rusted (who wants to put food on that). The tub was clearly old and the fixtures looked like they've seen better days and it leaked. There was a BIG ant problem so leave nothing out if stay here. Upon complaining they did switch out the shelves, spray for ants. However the poison was still on the floor, there were a few stray ants, and the tub still leaked.
Overall I cannot believe I paid $220-240 per night for this disgusting room/hotel. I wanted to leave a day early but my husband convinced me otherwise. I felt like everything was dirty in the room and wanted to touch nothing.
The best thing was the ocean view and we did see dolphins from our balcony the last morning.
I will never stay here again. I wish I would have took my money and went to Great Wolf Lodge.

Room Tip: Don't stay here but if you do choose the third floor if you want and ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Valarie T
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
My Sincere apologies, if you would'nt mind calling me, I would like to discuss. I would reach out to you, but this site does not give me any sort of information, dates you stayed, name, etc. I hope to hear from you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Kill Devil Hills hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean except carpets are really dirty my feet turned black from all dirt in carpets, drippy facet in tub it didn't stop even turning it tight!! Plus thin walls someone cooking something stinky smell in our room & it smelled like wet pets @ times!!
Wouldn't give us room facing ocean even though celebrating special occasion & they weren't busy!! Breakfast was just ok not great coffee weak & orange juice watered down, & hard boiled eggs very store bought & very hard boiled!! Probably wouldn't stay here again...

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, they are important to us. Hopefully those items were addressed in a timely manner for your comfort. Our Breakfast being a Deluxe Continental does have it's limits without be transformed into a restaurant according to the health department standards. We hope you had a great time and Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,143 reviews
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,079 reviews
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,369 reviews
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront? Share your experiences!