Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront
$110
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$100
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$84
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
$149
$110
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$116
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$110
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$125
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
Agoda.com
Cavalier by the Sea(Kill Devil Hills)
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanocean viewbiscuits and gravyhot breakfastthird floorthe wright brothers memorialenglish muffinscomfortable staythe wi fioceanview roomnon smokingbeach accesskitty hawkbeach hotelstaff was friendlyouter banks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We visit the OBX in the off season, either spring or fall and always stay here at the Quality Inn. Secluded enough but yet close to everything. Clean rooms, friendly employees and a good value. The breakfast lacks for being advertised as a hot breakfast but for my wife and I that isn't a big deal. We will be back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you comments and input and appreciate you allowing us to be of service to you. We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

To start off the first thing I need to say is our rooms were very clean. We booked two rooms for one night and they were oceanfront. The hotel staff was friendly and tried to make our stay a great one. This hotel has two computers that the guests can use in their lobby, along with a nice sitting area with a tv. They have a free breakfast that consists of hot waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy,cereal, yogurt, oatmeal,fruits, coffee, and juices. The only issue was that we had was we had to walk a little ways to get to our oceanfront room, we had to walk on an outside walkway and it was a little chilly. Keep that in mind for older guests or people that have trouble walking a little distance. They have a nice size outdoor pool and a walkway to the beach with some bench seating. That was a nice little extra. Overall I would stay at this hotel again. For coffee lovers, they have free coffee in the lobby at all times so that helped with our cold night. Also the oceanfront rooms have a private balcony and we were surprized to have an outdoor light on our balcony so we could sit out there and enjoy it.

Room Tip: I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd floor on the oceanfront. They have some first floor rooms on the oceanfront but you can't see the ocean from them. We stayed in 345 and that was on the end and it had a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, General Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you comments and input and appreciate you letting us be of service to you. Happy Travels and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We came during the off season. Booked a cheap room online and couldn't upgrade when we arrived. So we were on the first room facing the parking lot. Ask for an ocean view on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Just steps from the beach and close to shops and restaurants. Clean room. Bigger than expected. More of a motel than a hotel. Free breakfast with limited choices, but hey, free is free! Nothing fancy but a clean, comfortable room.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and allowing us to be of service to you. Safe travels always and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

After staying at the nearby "sister" - Choice Hotels brand Comfort Inn On The Ocean during the earlier Labor Day weekend of September ( granddaughter & I) for our first ever thrilling stay in The Outer Banks, I couldn't WAIT to get back to this jewel of a beach/ocean area again ! But, alas, all the rooms were booked If I recall correctly at the Comfort Inn, so after viewing the Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront on-line, it caught my attention as somewhere I'd like to go for a solo getaway visit this time. Would've taken my daughter & granddaughter, but they were invited to a baby shower. Needless to say, I would soon find out that it was GOOD they didn't accompany me ! Ok, so I'm new at reserving these "beachfront" hotel rooms, so I ask for a room w/a "beach view", of which the very nice & personable front desk lady "Taylor" reserved for me over the phone. The price & room sounded right from her description. I arrive on a Saturday evening, beautiful weather, and my first disappointment was that the hotel had horrible parking (not spacious)m and I noticed the rooms were directly on the outside. From the on-line pictures, it looked NOTHING as I recalled, pretty old & drab. As I tried to locate the entrance, I found it had no automatic sliding door (so convenient - even for solo customers with not necessarily alot of baggage, but weary from driving a ways). The entry way looked very small compared to how the view of the interior lobby on the Internet looked. The place was actually less than 1/2 the size in reality of what it looked like on-line ! More Hobbits, unite ! :) The seating area for the continental breakfast was SO tiny, and they only had one single ladies (w/1 toilet) room in the lobby...Well, I checked in with a gentleman by the name of Mr. W. Eason (?) William, I think. Who had the personality of a dry piece of Melba toast...I received my room cards, info & my Choice Rewards card & info I had applied for with Taylor when I reserved my room. "W. Eason" showed me this extravagant & highly confusing map of the hotel outlay. Figured I could find my room easily, how wrong I was. I assumed since I thought I reserved a "beach-view" room, it would be in the middle somewhere. How wrong I was, it was a corner room on the first floor - right next to the parking lot. My tiny (guess they had me confused with a hobbit ?) "patio view" was of the beach dune & part of the concrete driveway/road around the hotel. When I disappointingly inquired of what this type of room actually was - I was told it was a "dune" view room, which is also considered a "view" of the beach ! How this is possible, I have no clue, couldn't see anything but the tall beach grass & sand...She should have reserved me a room higher up, nonetheless I tried to make the best of it. However, the front carpet area of the refrigerator was sopping wet, so I guess it leaked when they had turned it off. I laid the hotel towels there. My bathroom was as drab as the room itself and to make matters worse, the shower had a mostly used bar of hotel soap on the shelf...ewww ! Reported to the staff & they promptly had the shower/tub cleaned, The next morning I tried to be excited as I walked toward the lobby for their "Continental Breakfast" - only to be sickened to the stomach by the smell of cigarettes that guests apparently smoked outside their rooms (no smoking in the rooms), cigarette butts & the disgusting sight of a HUGE dead (thank God) Palmetto/Waterbug cockroach lying on its back near a storage closet that reeked of some garbage odor as I waled past. Ugh ! Certainly made me lose any appetite I had. Soon I was to find out the breakfast was not worth partaking. They had NO grits (like the delicious ones I had previously at the sister Choice Hotel Comfort Inn On The Ocean), no meats (I think they had that chipped beef stuff you pour over biscuits - pass !) - such as bacon or sausage, no yogurt, no EGGS, for goodness sakes. Signed: NEVER again...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize that we fell below your expectations. Your comments were the center of our last meeting, though some of them are items we cannot control or at least to an extend, we appreciate your input. Safe Travels always.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room was clean and bedding was very comfortable. The location was great and ocean front.
Having 24 hour coffee was a nice extra for those of us who like coffee at anytime of day or night. Continental breakfast was good and variety to choose from. The staff was excellent.
Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank OuterbanksGirl

Thank You for taking to time to review us on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your comments and input and allowing us to be of service to you. Safe Travels always and we hope to see you again.