“some good some bad”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Overall the restaurant is very clean and nice.We arrived at about 3:30 and it opened at 3. Service was great but food was so so. My wife loved the crab legs(was main purpose of going). Some of the foods were good, mac and cheese, potatoes, hush puppies, mahi mahi, corn on the cob . Tuna was very dry along with the prime rib. The fried shrimp was terrible, breading was soggy and the shrimp was rubbery. I know its a buffet and dont expect pure excellence when it comes to food but would of liked it much more it the main meats/fish were better so i didn't pay $30 the eat side dishes.

One good thing is the deserts were so good so save room for a great brownie or chocolate cake.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

We splurged one night and took the family to Captain George's buffet, OBX. I think it was $25 a person for a large, very clean, quiet-for-a-buffet place. I must maintain a gluten-free diet (Celiac), so I talked to my server. She brought out a list from the kitchen with probably 15 items that I could eat. (I did notice that they said their seafood salad was GF. I was leary if it was imitation crab, so I didn't try it.) I did eat whole crabs, shrimp, and many other things. She brought me 100% butter for dipping. I would go back again!

Reviewed August 20, 2010

It's a buffet!!! Our experience was quite good. The price seems fair ($32 with soft drink) with all the crab legs (3 kinds), prime rib, shrimp & clams freshly steamed you want. I disagree with previous reviews about food being oversalted and the service was the opposite of rushed. We went this past Wed night at 7 and the servers were friendly and not at all concerned at how long we were taking. Also, it's the only place on OBX that I know of that can easily accomodate large groups. If you are hungry and want to do somewhere with a group and be sure that everyone will find something they like, it's perfect.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Hands down best crab legs I've ever had - and they were even on a buffet! I usually don't expect the most delicious, meaty, hot crab legs on a buffet, and I was pleasantly surprised! Very good side dishes and desserts as well. The place wasn't cheap, but no buffet in the Outer Banks is. For the two of us and a bottle of wine, I think our total was around $99, but it was the best $$ we spent on dinner all week!

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Forget the $, if you like rubbery clams, dry fish, oily foods and are addicted to salt, you will love this place. I would rather eat my dinner through a tube than ever set foot in this buffet again. The wait staff congregated in a corner close to our table and talked about how stupid people were eating there, describing in detail the different "types" of customers that were eating there. I know we are on vacation and it's a busy weekend, but you would be better off spending your hard earned $ at a fast food chain than this place. I'm not sure who expensive it was because we walked out.