“Really, there's more fish in the sea!?”

Captain George's Seafood Restaurant KDH
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a great buffet! High quality food and lots of it. I came in with the purpose of trying out several new dishes. I can't believe how varied the buffet was! Oysters Rockefeller, Crayfish, Mahi, Flounder, ...and amazing King Crab Legs! However, this list doesn't even touch on the "turf" delacacies and the dessert selection. It is also worth noting that the service was excellent - they actually gave me some pointers on how to "approach" eating some of these foods that I had never tried before (Crayfish)! In short, bring your appetite and be prepared to have some fun!

3  Thank WMyers1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Wednesday,23JULY2014 was the first experience at a Captain George establishment for my wife and I. My feeding frenzy consisted of seafood, seafood and more seafood. I downed slightly over a dozen snow crab clusters, too many scallops, too many shrimp and too much fish. Also consumed a pair of Pina Colados.( Perhaps Captain George doesn't make the best Pina Colada in the world, however, I venture to say that there "ain't" none better!!!0 Our two servers provided the "icing on the cake", so to speak. Both girls were pleasant, attentive and very efficient. Whatever our needs, our waitresses were ON IT, ON IT, ON IT! They EARNED themselves a hefty 45% tip. Upon returning to the OBX next year, Captain George will both kick-off AND end our vacation week.

3  Thank IHCtractors
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Captain George's tonight and I must say it was the best experience I have had there yet. I have eaten at Captain George's in every location they have owned except Myrtle Beach and this location in OBX is tops. Take the advise of someone who knows good seafood . Pay the extra money to go here. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Corey S
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great Food! Its definitely worth the price. They do provide a variety of different seafood's, meats, desserts and veggies, prepared many different ways. You will definitely walk out highly satisfied.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

First of all, I do not eat any shellfish. I figured since it was a seafood place, it would have fish options. The buffet had too much Shellfish options not enough FISH choices, i.e.: salmon, snapper, seabass, trout, etc.

I had to order a Salmon entrée, which actually was delicious. The portion size was hearty. My ONLY complaint was the length of time it took for my entrée to be delivered to the table. Our entire party of 13 (9-buffets and 5-entree orders). The waitress was nice and apologized, but I felt Management should have done something to accommodate me (take of a percentage of the meal, etc.). I actually waited an 1-hour 15-minutes to get my food. Our entire party was 95% finished eating their meals.

Not acceptable. I will NOT ever eat at this location again.