“Crab Legs were AWESOME but everything else was dry and bland... and we got there 10 minutes after they opened.”

Captain George's Seafood Restaurant KDH
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My Wife wanted to take me there for my 48th B-day. We got there at 4:10, 10 minutes after opened, figuring everything would be fresh.
The Buffet is $31.00 per person... The Snow Crab Legs were steamed and PLENTY of them... I ate 8 clusters so I felt I got my moneys worth. The Mac & Cheese was stone cold and had a soapy taste to it, the Hushpuppies were tasty but were dry as sand and hard, the Cookies were rock hard and mini Eclairs were tasty but not totally unthawed yet.

The Waitstaff was amazing... they are standing by along a wall to clear plates away & our Server was on top of her game.

You are more than welcomed to go there and form your own opinion but as for myself, I'll go down the road to a place called I Got Your Crabs.... They are WONDERFUL !!! I'll review them shortly.

• Visited November 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bring your Appetite”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband is a seafood lover. This is a great place if you love seafood for the buffet. If you are not coming for the buffet they do have other choices too which was great for me because there was no way that I could eat enough food to justify the buffet for myself or my 6 year old.

My husband said the seafood choices on the buffet were great. He loved going here when we visited. I had the steamed shrimp and they were excellent,

The restaurant was really clean and the waitress we had was very nice. It was a very loud restaurant though.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Seafood Smorgasbord; Great for Buffet Lovers”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bottom line: I'm just not a buffet person. I went to Captain George's while in the Outer Banks for my buddy's wedding (I was his best man). It is one of his favorite restaurants, so of course all of the wedding guests joined. Overall, I believe everyone really enjoyed themselves.

To be sure, this is a very high quality seafood buffet, and it is affordably priced considering all of the food choices. I would go again if asked to by friends or family, but I wouldn't make the decision on my own.

Visited September 2013
PORT ALLEGANY
“Like Thanksgiving for Seafoodies”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

A visit to the Captain is becoming an annual treat on our trip to OBX. I suggest surveying the buffet before you begin - you will not be able to try everything. Our friends tackled several servings of crab legs, while I sampled surf and turf. My favorites this time were the she crab soup, and the Parmesan stuffed flounder. For the landlubbers, the prime rib was rare and tender, and the barbecued ribs were tasty too, If you have room, there is a variety of desserts, with my vote for best to the bourbon bread pudding. Come hungry and allow some time to savor. Plates are regularly whisked away. No guilt imposed here.

Visited October 2013
Maryland
“Very Good Seafood Buffett”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great selection of seafood, salad, sides and dessert. The broiled scallops and Alaskan crab legs are excellent. Service was very good. Make sure you come hungry. So much to choose from. Was a little disappointed that were no fried clams that night.

• Visited October 2013