“Outstanding buffet”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Outstanding buffet”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Probably the best seafood buffet, we have visited. We are not buffet people, but this one is definitely on the return list. Great selection and very good food. Our only mistake was, we voted the last night we were on the OBX.

Visited May 2013

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat another bite and I'll explode”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

You can order a la carte raw oysters, but why. AYCE shrimp, oysters, clams, crabs, crab legs, deserts, All for $31. They even had Yuengling on draft. Oysters Rockefeller, fresh fish including baked salmon. Stay away from the breaded stuff. Even had extra horseradish for us. Come in jeans or shorts, This isnt a dress up place. Enjoy. We did

Syracuse, New York
“Super Seafood buffet”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The atmosphere is fine dining. The service is very accommodating. But the food and dessert choices are divine! I had no idea this is a chain restaurant and will be looking to visit their other locations when I travel again.

“Amazing experience!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love seafood and the last time my family vacationed down here we went to Carolina's seafood buffet. We were severely disappointed! The food was overcooked the waitress wasn't very friendly and the interior was so-so. I wasn't sure I wanted to try another seafood buffet in obx again but after reading good reviews about Capt Georges I decided we'd chance it. I'm so glad we did! The crab legs, shrimp, crawfish & clams were wonderful and the cherry cheesecake was the perfect finish! My husband enjoyed the ribs as well. We will definitely be back on our next visit to the obx!!

Tyner, NC
“Well Worth the Trip”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went with friends that had never been and they couldn't thank us enough. We all started with the peel & eat shrimp with clam chowder; chowder was excellent & the shrimp were cooked perfectly. All the others then went for the crab legs while I had the prime rib, BBQ ribs & mac & cheese, again all good. The buffet stayed well stocked with fresh food. I then had the fried shrimp, fried scallops, & fried pollack with hush puppies, still no complaints! Their website describes the shrimp as the "Captain's popcorn shrimp", but it was the biggest "popcorn" shrimp I have ever seen on a buffet table. The hush puppies were the best I have had in years. I then went back for more peel & eat and chowder and finished off the night with dessert. Wasn't to wild about the flan (almost tasteless), got what I thought was lemon cake (dry & actually a vanilla cake), a piece of cheesecake which was tasty as well as a piece of the carrot cake which was too sweet for my palate after all I had already eaten. The service we received from Jennifer & Samatha was outstanding and the inside & outside of the building still look like new. Over the years (20+), I have been to Captain George's in Williamsburg, Newport News, and Myrtle Beach and this one is the best of bunch, but then again, it is the newest one, too!