Hamilton Cay at Bermuda Bay
$237
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
$161
$170
$175
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
$189
ComfortInn
$282
$247
BestWestern.com
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
$190
$158
$179
Orbitz.com
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)
$278
$261
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)
$259
$220
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We took our 2 small children on a weekend getaway @ this location. Upon entering the property, we noticed most of the grounds were unkept and that the entire property looked as if it was a ghost town. It appeared they had built the existing properties and just stopped the devlopment. There is a small wooden bridge you "must" drive over to get to theses condos and everytime we drove over it, the planks were popping up under our truck (not to mention the look of it) Our 1st impression of this place was horrible, so bad in fact, that I immediately went to the clubhouse to complain before even going inside the property. There in lies another problem, there is no one managing the club house. To check in, they have a flyer on the front door of the clubhouse instructing you to call the rental agency to get a code for your door. So we did and I immediately addressed my concerns about the property. I was informed this was the only thing they had available and since they had already charged the entire stay (non-refundable) I was stuck. I was assured by the woman on the phone that I would be completely satisfied and she would have the property manager check it to make sure. As I came up to the condo (B1), I found the property manager under our patio picking up busted patio furniture that appeared to have been launched off 1 of the above patios and the trash chute was so full that people were piling their trash on the ground in front of it (which was also next to our door) So we checked the condo and found the inside was way better than the outside. All the construction and appliances were new, the furniture showed a little wear and the housekeeping was lacking. We found trash and things on the floor around the condo and some food left in the freezer. We did have our own garage and a patio that overlooked the rickety bridge but at night we could see the light from the Wright Brothers memorial. There is an airport close by, so you will hear planes and helicopters frequently. Also, the outside of the property was fairly dark and the parking lot (if your vehicle is too big for the garage) is out of sight. You can park in the empty dirt ot right across from front door of the condo but beware of construction debris, sandspurs and other rugged vegetation. The inside of the property was very spacious, full master and second bedroom with a bath, family room and living room as well as open kitchen and dining room. Lots of closet spaces and kitchen amenities. 1 of the major problems we had was the lack of door security, with 2 small children there should have been a way to lock the door from the inside so they couldn't just run out. We had to prop a table against the door to prevent them from just opening it and walking out and like wise anyone else from entering a code and coming right in. However the pool area was very child oriented. It's a bit compact (beach area, lazy river, slide and pool are all small spaces connected in a tight pattern) but it had lots of sprinkling toys in the beach area and it's nice and shallow for little ones. You do have a bit of a walk to get to the pool area, we just drove down there and I would say the closest beach is about 3 blocks away and across a busy highway, so you would need to drive. Our 2nd major problem was the neighbor (they are permanent residents) Every morning at 9 am, the youngest member of the household would crank up his stereo (which is located on the other side of the master) blaring some awful techno club music through the walls and it wouldn't stop! The last day of our stay we said something to the young man and he went to get his parents to confront my husband. Apparently they couldn't understand why we would complain to their obviously adult son, they felt we should have brought it to their attention. I figured "they" would have told him to turn it down themselves with as loud as it was! In my opinion, if you never had to see outside the condo, it would be nice (and if you didn't have any neighbors) But the fact that you have to drive through the entire development (or lack there of) and see most of it overgrown and unkept really takes away from the condo itself.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this property to anyone and like wise would never stay there again
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank TravelingFrancis5
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I booked my trip 2 months in advance for the 3 bedroom condo and they called me 3 days before my trip, THREE DAYS, that is scheduled for July 1 and told me that is not available!!! I'm livid! Do NOT RISK booking this place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank msethi97
VAHotelier, Regional Director of Operations at Hamilton Cay at Bermuda Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Unfortunately we did have an error with our software. We were in contact as soon as the problem presented itself, and offered a refund of one of the 3 nights, and also found alternate accommodations at a 15% discount off of the listed rate. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this caused, however we were able to find a minor glitch in our software, and repair it to prevent it from happening in the future. We did appreciate your patience and cooperation with this matter, and hope that you enjoyed the Bermuda Bay pool and the Kill Devil Hills area.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Dead bugs in sink, toothpaste spit on faucet, hair on blankets, sticky floors, crumbs on counter, mold in washing machine. Overall dirty place. No one had been in there for months. There was no water in the toliet bowls and the ice has almost evaporated in the freezer.
Overall, the property looked abandoned. No one was at the welcome center, so you called a 1-800 number. They were very pleasant and when we called them back to let them know of the condition, they sent a housekeeper over promptly. She made it habitable and gave us enough towels for our family. Also, they advertise a pool, but it was not opened yet.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family