“Probably the best "ice cream" on the beach...”

Kill Devil's Frozen Custard & Beach Fries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: A family friendly restaurant where everything is prepared to order including our award winning frozen custard treats .We make it fresh hourly. We also have Juicy Better Burgers , Fresh cut Beach fries , all beef Hotdogs ,N.C. Pulled Pork or Chicken BBQ , and Veggie Burgers .Celebrating our 15th year .
Reviewed August 20, 2012

So good I had to go twice. The trick here is that they have vanilla and chocolate everyday and then a "flavor of the day." My mom has been trying to get lucky on the coconut again for the past two years now, but no luck. We've gotten to the point that we call in the afternoon to see what the flavor of the day is...

We had key lime and then went back the next night for georgia peach. Both were great, super creamy, but could have both used a little more flavoring. I like it amped-up...but maybe they are tempering the flavor towards the yankees that descend upon the Outer Banks each summer (zing!) And a secret....the next day you can buy pints of the "flavor of the day"...

The rest of the menu looks great as well - sandwiches and handcut fries. I look forward to tasting those next year...

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Don't leave OBX without trying the custard! Yum! We even brought pints home for later. Definitely worth the stop.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Without a doubt, this is the worlds best custard. Eggs and butterfat and no air whipped in. The way soft ice cream used to be 50 years ago. Creamy, rich, sweet and flavorful. By the way, the burgers are great as well; hand patties, charcoaled. And the fries are fresh, hand-cut. With only 2 service windows and a small kitchen, service can be a bit slow. But don't let that deter you, the wait is well worth it. This is a top notch, old- timey beach experience. Worth driving to and waiting for.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Not impressed at all. Stopped by here on a Sunday night on a search for ice cream and was very disappointed to find on 3 flavors available; chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry cheesecake. None of the cookie/brownie/sundae combinations appealed to me so I chose plain chocolate. Wasn't anything special. My son had the banana split and he described the pineapple sauce as being less than tasty. My girlfriend had a cookie creation and found the cookie to be stale and obviously store bought. The shakes were not thick. Normally we avoid chain resaurants since these are all over the country and prefer to try the local fare. In this case you should drive a little further down the road and stop at Dairy Queen where the quality and selection is a lot better.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was a fun place to go on our vacation to the Outer Banks. There was a line when we arrived, but it moved very quickly. We ordered the Cookie Monster and it was pretty good. The custard was AMAZING. The cookie left a little to be desired. I was hoping for a soft gooey homemade cookie, but not so much. I would still recommend this restaurant to OBX travelers.