We booked our room through Groupon. Here are the positives and negatives, from our experience:
Great beach location. We brought along our dog, so we stayed in the first floor. Although there isn't a "beach view" from the first floor, we were able to walk right out onto the beach. We enjoyed the exterior door to the beach. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Price was also pretty good with the deal we bought. Hotel was convenient to all the things we wanted to do while on vacation.
I would not call any of the staff rude, but I did feel that they were less than thrilled to receive us. I'm not sure if it was because we booked through Groupon, or if it's a general attitude. It felt like the desk staff "worked there" instead of being ambassadors for their hotel. The stay could have gone from average to very pleasant with just a little effort. We were not explained the "breakfast coupon" policy. Apparently with the Groupon package you get two breakfasts per night you stay (we stayed two nights). With two adults and two children, we used up our four coupons the first day. When I asked when we pick up our coupons for day 2, I was told that we had no coupons available. Breakfast was just ok the first day anyway, so we took the opportunity to eat at a local spot. Enjoyed that much more. Construction is still on-going on the first floor which was not a huge deal to us. Others might be put off by the noise and the clutter though. The other thing was noise. There was a group of no less than 20 teenagers staying on the second floor, directly above our room. They were quite noisy late into the night. Also, the in-room heater turned on and off a lot, and was very loud when doing so. I kept waking up both nights.
In all, this hotel was a good value for an off-season Outer Banks stay. I might stay here again, depending on the situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills