My wife, daughter and myself, along with our two darling Chihuahua girls, just spent four incredibly relaxing days, March 10th through March 13th, at the beachside Ramada Inn at Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks of North. My wife had searched for available “pet friendly” lodgings and she really found a winner at the Ramada.
Their staff greeted us warmly on our arrival and everyone at the hotel bent over backwards making sure we had a memorable experience. We had a no-smoking room on the first floor and to my surprise it really was a smoke free place (as an ex-smoker myself, I can tell if anyone had smoked in the room, but it was completely taint free).
Although the hotel was going through an extensive renovation during our stay, at no time did this activity intrude on our enjoyment of the indoor heated pool or the hot tub, which was a major factor in our selection of the Ramada, aside from their pet policy. We enjoyed the pools and hot tub every day, along with many other fellow guests. The weather vacillated between cool and chilly, but we were warm and comfortable inside the hotel. In addition to the pools, they had a nice exercise facility and an in-hotel restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Outer Banks during the off-season is a charming place to visit. There are still many things to do and see along the coast and the restaurant scene was amazing. I had the best steak I’ve ever eaten during my visit and I am looking forward to my next visit. There were no crowds and the prices were very reasonable everywhere we went, from Manteo up to Corolla.
Access to the beach was easy from the hotel and the beach was very relaxing, although the water was rough, eight to ten foot breakers rolling ashore in sets of seven to ten waves each. Tuesday was heavy rain along the coast, but the temperature was in the high 50’s to low 60’s and wasn’t bad at all.
Overall, I’d say you couldn’t find a much better place to stay on the Outer Banks than the Ramada Inn on South Virginia Dare Trail and if you want to really relax, you should consider OBX during the off-season. You’ll have a ball!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Outer Banks, NC - Kill Devil Hills